Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Draggy, we tested it at the track on my bike, it was + .02 et, same mph and +.04 60ft to the track slip

·
Registered
546 Posts
Maybe everyone's wrong about needing a loop, who knows, but I do trust Yoshimura. Pretty sure they wouldn't design a loop in there is there wasn't a good reason. With Zoom exhausts, maybe the loop design was F'd up enough that the straight performed better. Zoom doesn't have the expertise and design resources that Yoshi does. They are pretty much the budget bottom and if they do anything right it's probably luck.

I wouldn't base performance evaluation on drag runs either. Too much potential for variance. It should be done on the dyno.

Now to really see the difference between short exhaust and long exhaust the Competition Werkes exhaust can and has been compared to the Yoshi, on the dyno, and is down on power. It's really too bad because it's beautiful, it's underbody and I love their products. All that said I'd still buy the Werkes. Makes more power than stock, and it's not getting mangled when I crash. I still call it a good design. But if you need .3 hp more that's not the choice.

We're not talking big numbers here no matter what anyone does. Anyone can pretty much just pick the exhaust they like and be ok with it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Best exhaust I have used is a hindle, I personally don’t care for the zoom exhaust, on my bike the stock exhaust with the cats gutted felt better then the zoom straight, the point of the video ant to discredit ether zoom, it’s to show that the zoom loop is not worth buying if you already have the straight, most people I see act like the zoom loop is a way better exhaust when like you see it’s oranges to oranges

·
Registered
546 Posts
Point taken thanks for clarifying.

I haven't had good luck with Hindle on other bikes. Poor fit and internal welding, resulting from not being properly back purged with argon gas. I present to you the Hindle headers for my last Triumph race bike. It was garbage I didn't even bother mounting, just threw on ebay immediately.

I can't say anything about the Z125 Hindle though, never tried it. Maybe it's better,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts