Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a new Yoshimura RS-2 S Silencer at work, it looked like a good fit for for the Zoom to quite it down some and it did... a little. Well worth the effort.

As you can see little guess work was involved. Did a sound clip, but with the auto volume leveling on the recorder, the difference couldn't be heard.

https://i.postimg.cc/d08whhvm/20180924_131440.jpg[img]

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/ZnqSsjNV/20180924_131446.jpg

Reactions: Kaw'ee

·
Registered
875 Posts
Dang. I like that. The silencer in my Zoom loop is a joke. It does it's job making the exhaust a little quieter, but looks like a strainer I would use to drain the water from my Mac 'n Cheese.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dang. I like that. The silencer in my Zoom loop is a joke. It does it's job making the exhaust a little quieter, but looks like a strainer I would use to drain the water from my Mac 'n Cheese.
That's why I decided to do something different.

Also, left out a pic.

Reactions: crakerjac

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rode the bike to work the other day without my bluetooth buds in and this db killer does make a difference. I'm quite impressed in the amount of db's it killed.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Honestly I don't know. This one was laying work around unused. I'd think Yoshi would sell them.

·
Registered
933 Posts
You can find them on Ebay. I actually bought a baffle to try. Fits real nice. Will post a pic.
Does this mean you haven't given up on your Zoom yet? Or just making it nicer for the new owner. =P

·
Registered
368 Posts
Baffle was 8 bucks I figured what the **** give it a shot.

Just came on Monday haven't had a chance to install it yet. Just like Fox it looks like drill a hole in side of muffler and use bolt.

I also bought some fiberglass for repacking 2 stroke dirt bike mufflers just in case. It looks like the same stuff that you insulate your walls with no joke.

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why not thread the bolt from the inside instead of drilling a hole?
I think I see what you are saying... only thing is, it may blow out if you're thinking of just tightening the bolt to the side of the wall.

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
looks like drill a hole in side of muffler and use bolt.
I would probably do the side hole if I was going to keep it but if your thinking your going to re-sale it a small 'surface tack' just to try it out. The hole could lose the re-sale ? I think you got the skill to grind the tack off and make it look like it was never there. Or even small pair of needle nose vice grips just to test it out / no harm no hole ... for Re-Sale !
If you want to offer it with the pipe then maybe a horseshoe slot in just the inner sleeve and bolt it

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yeah the hole in the baffle is not threaded, just a hole. The bolt goes through then a nut holds it in place. So you need access to both sides using the hardware that comes with it.

Love the vice grip idea.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Baffle was 8 bucks I figured what the **** give it a shot.

Just came on Monday haven't had a chance to install it yet. Just like Fox it looks like drill a hole in side of muffler and use bolt.

I also bought some fiberglass for repacking 2 stroke dirt bike mufflers just in case. It looks like the same stuff that you insulate your walls with no joke.
How did this turn out? Positive results?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts