Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used z125 and it has a zoom exhaust with the little stubbie can and fairly straight header. I noticed that they also make a loop system similar to the yoshi and it sports a longer muffler. Has anyone made a direct comparison of the two? Will the loop give more torque? Will it be quieter do to it's longer header and muffler? My exhaust is not too loud unless I remove the baffle thats located between the header and muffler but it is a lot louder without the baffle but sounds meaner. I may just buy the loop system,make the comparison and the sell the other. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I've got the loop Zoom but I haven't tried any other exhaust to make a comparison and yes the exhaust is loud!
The bikes goes better without the DB killer.
If you do get another exhaust I personally would not get another Zoom exhaust as my muffler bracket ( the piece that is riveted to the muffler) has already cracked and I think the quality of the exhaust is a bit crap.
Also the muffler leaks around the edges where it has been riveted. Check yours when the engine is running you can feel the thing leaking Its not good.
I'm thinking of drilling the rivets out disassemble the muffler and put silicone around this area then reassemble. Stupid ZOOM ......LOL!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far, no leaks, no breaks. You can't beat the price of the zoom but then again, you get what you pay for. Only 200 miles on it but so far, so good.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yes you do sometimes get what you pay for. I've done around 1200ks on my exhaust so I was a bit disappointed with the pipe cracking.

I've also tried different combinations of db killers to lower the noise but it runs the best without any restrictions.
The best thing to do is get the 143kit with cam and head this is what I'm running but then you need to get a Bazzaz or power commander DOH!!
The 143 kit gives the little Z a fair bit more go!;) To give you a example there is a hill near my place that a the little Z would struggle to go up in 3rd gear but now I can go up that same hill
in 4th and sit on 80kph where as before it would struggle to do 55 to 60kph in 3rd gear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts