Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I have just ordered the Zoom exhaust for my 2017 Z125. I have heard good reviews on the Grom side of things for this exhaust, and have ordered it directly from the individual who designed the exhaust. Does anybody have experience with this exhaust and what are your thoughts on it? I got it for the shipped price of $225 which i cannot complain about at all! There is a picture attached of the exhaust off the bike and on a Z125(not my bike). What are your thoughts??

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dsmithpdx, shipping is set to arrive tomorrow the 12th. I will most likely install it tomorrow if I have the time. I probably wont do a video install, but maybe a sound test after? If I do I will post it up here!

·
Registered
21 Posts
dsmithpdx, shipping is set to arrive tomorrow the 12th. I will most likely install it tomorrow if I have the time. I probably wont do a video install, but maybe a sound test after? If I do I will post it up here!
Cool! I don't need a video install. I'm mostly just curious about the sound (there aren't many videos out there right now), and your impression of how loud (or not) it is. I don't want something that's obnoxious, but I definitely want more noise than stock. Thanks again!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The video that I watched that gave a very good presentation of what it sounds like is if you type in (Zoom Exhaust) on YouTube and go to the one that is titled Z125 Pro Zoom exhaust it was uploaded by Tommy Davis with 2.2k views. He is the designer of the exhaust and skip to 3:15 on the video and he starts it up and does some revs as well. Check it out. Let me know your thoughts!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've seen that video, and it definitely sounds great. I'm just hoping for even more samples. ;) I'd love to see a video of how it sounds under load while on the road. Do you have a GoPro or the like? :p

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, that is the video that sold me on the exhaust. I used to have a YouTube channel by MotoBlais911. I just deleted this channel due to career changes. So with that being said yes I do have a GoPro and would be more than willing to record something up and I could share it on here for sure!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just ordered a Zoom Brute Low Mount today, does anyone have this one. I like the looks, is this one loud, I have a werkes on my other ride and sounds off pretty good. just wondering if the Zoom is a loud exhaust, I live in a 55+ community, i'm not concerned about waking any of the old foggies up, they snore loud.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just ordered a Zoom Brute Low Mount today, does anyone have this one. I like the looks, is this one loud, I have a werkes on my other ride and sounds off pretty good. just wondering if the Zoom is a loud exhaust, I live in a 55+ community, i'm not concerned about waking any of the old foggies up, they snore loud.
I have the Zoom brute low mount. It cave with 2 baffles I only have one in but will probably pull it out as well depending on what it does to power. Just haven't had a chance to dyno it again since I bought the exhaust. But as of right now I don't think that it's loud. But my other bike is really loud, like over 120dbs so it could be a matter of perspective.

Here is a video of me bouncing around off road gives a decent idea of the sound.
https://youtu.be/rayVjMD8tIE

·
Registered
16 Posts
I like the sound, we do not have places like this to ride here in central fl, we go to crooms and belong to florida trail riders and ride hare scrambles. last month we rode dade city, on my '87 xr250r in sr evo, it was a lot of fun until I went down and some guy ran into me and knocked my go pro off my head. for some reason I did not get up. there is about 5 minutes of laying on the ground and when I did get up saw my go pro laying on the ground. next couple of days my neck was sore, I think I was about two inches shorter after that incident. but it's all fun and games until you get hurt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts