Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
This is just one of the Mobius cams I've had since 2013 or so. Still the old original V1 500mAh model. I'm due for a new one, was at least looking for a V3 820mAh. Didn't even know they made a 90 model. I assume it's the same, just 90 degree video.

That buymobius store looks like it's out of stock of everything but I'd stay away from ebay to avoid counterfeit models. Them and spytek I think are the only vendors I would trust.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Buymobius was really fast when I wanted to buy a couple of Mini's. Yes the 90 is just a Mobius 1 with the camera mounted 90 degrees rotation, wish they had the mini in a 90 version. The newest camera is the Mobius Maxi, which is sort of a Mini with a big battery, some internal parts have changed, but still the same resolution an back to the old style mounting (like the V1 but not exactly the same).

For $70 each the mini can get crushed and I won't cry too much (as long as I can get the SD card back and recover the crash footage). I made mounts out of aluminum that screw down to the mini and provide a much needed heat sink, as well as a bunch of 1/4-20 mounting points. I'll dig a picture out later.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Nicest spammers I've ever met though! Most just want to hook up and turn out to be two dudes with baseball bats IRL.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Huh... interesting... They both posted 5 "+1" posts and then left a link for a locksmith, never to be seen again.

Have we given up on granting @Kaw'ee moderator powers?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Finally got the EBC rotor on with the Vesrah brake pads. Man, what an improvement. The Vesrah pads are great. We need to sellers in the states for these.

Until today I never figured out why the Galfer rotor pulsated, even though it was not warped and had fine runout numbers. But when I took it off and inspected it, I saw why. It was fully flat but had a pretty bad manufacturing defect on one side. One outside portion of the rotor near the edge was milled a couple thousandths lower that the rest of the rotor, causing less contact area along one portion of the rotor. If I had been more thorough in my runout tests and checked right along the edge I would have found it.

So ultimately it was a quality problem by Galfer. Going to stick with EBC rotors, I've used them on several other bikes and I believe they are better quality.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
My last ride around the USAIR kart track in Shawano WI. It was a little cool out so I couldn't rail corners too hard but still fun.

https://vimeo.com/358960834

Some of you guys may be jealous at the size of this kart track.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Dang, upgraded fork internals start to make a lot of sense with that view of how dang hard everything's working.

Very jealous indeed.

·
Registered
772 Posts
What did you ever do about the airbox? Did you 3d print your prototype from a few pages back? I scored a sweet deal on a dinger intake a while back... but I haven't installed it yet and have access to a 3d printer...

·
Registered
772 Posts
Also curious what you did with your forks... I reached to to RaceTech and they don't have springs for the Z.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
I am surprised by the amount of jello from a Mobius 2, the only real issues I have with my Mobius Mini cameras is when the mount isn't as solid as I'd like. How is that camera mounted, wondering if there is a way to make the video better by changing the mount a little.
The mount isn't optimal for a mobius 2, it was made for a mobius 1 which has a bigger clamping area. It's just a simple L shaped bracket with 2 holes screwed to the original reflector mount. But the horizontal hole is too big and it doesn't seat right, causing vibration. I need to hammer out a new one, no big deal. My metal junk box is filled with all kinds of old brackets, I just grabbed this and tried it.

Attachments

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
What did you ever do about the airbox? Did you 3d print your prototype from a few pages back? I scored a sweet deal on a dinger intake a while back... but I haven't installed it yet and have access to a 3d printer...
I've got that airbox modeled but never built it. I eventually just went with the Chimera intake.

Also curious what you did with your forks... I reached to to RaceTech and they don't have springs for the Z.
Nothing except for thicker fork oil and preload adjusters, which some suspect don't actually do anything but raise the ride height. (there's a thread around here)

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
That's right the M2 still uses that plastic sled to hold it. The Mini can have a mount screwed to the heatsink and gives a nice strong mount. I cut a bunch of aluminum bar stock to make mounts for my Mini's.
The Mobius 2 doesn't use that sled, it has a screw on 1/4-20 t-nut type of thing. It just requires a smaller clearance hole to seat properly. As I had it mounted it was partway in the clearance hole rather than on the material.

·
Registered
772 Posts
@Zaph , What's the distance between the eyelets on the heim joints? I'm wondering if it would be easier/cheaper to get 1 male and 1 female heim joint end instead of 2 female and a threaded rod.

101 - 120 of 125 Posts