Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the factory o2 sensor still required if i am running a zfi/zafm? Or will the zafm wideband override the reading from the factory o2 sensor?

I have the zfi on right now, and was removing exhaust to weld on a bung for the zafm wideband and the o2 sensor stripped coming out, do i need a new one or can i just plug the hole and run the wideband?

Only wondering because i dont want to waste money on a new o2 if its going to be useless anyway

·
Registered
19 Posts
You don’t need both sensors at the same time. I replaced my 12mm bung with an 18mm. If I ever decide to go back to the stock o2 I can always use an adaptor.

Runs great with the ZAMF. Watch the angle of your new weld. The 18mm o2 sensor is a bit taller than stock. Depending on your exhaust it could potentially run out of room between the exhaust and engine. Mine barely fits.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys, i ended up buying a used sensor for pretty cheap in case i want to go back to stock later on. Bikes running, just need to put the plastics on and do some datalogging now. Running both sensors right now since i dont have a plug for it.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts