Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought the 155 stroker kit and a power commander the mnnthbx intake. I finally got it all back together. Had the cam off 180 no biggie got that swapped still can’t get it to fire off. I have fuel and spark, took the air cleaner off to see if that would do the trick no luck. Last unplugged the power commander to see if that would do, still no luck leaving the system like stock. Not sure what to try now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn’t think of compression test but I’ve pulled the spark plug a couple times and hold a grill lighter in it and get a nice little flame out from unburned fuel. If I hold the spark plug hooked to the wire and crank while it’s out i get consistent spark. I tried map and thought I was flooding it so I reduced fuel and still nothing.

·
Registered
165 Posts
i am 165cc but the bike required a insane amount of fuel to fire. Check the spark plug wire where it hooks into the plug the wire can come un done.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am 165cc but the bike required a insane amount of fuel to fire. Check the spark plug wire where it hooks into the plug the wire can come un done.
Cool good to know I thought I was over fueling but maybe under fueling? How’s the 165 run and does that require machining cases?

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you have compression you should get a pop. Did you set the valve lash? Its so hard to tell without seeing it, but if your sure the timing is correct my guess is a valve is not closing all the way and bleeding off the compression. You can back them out a little just to be sure then adjust them once you get it to fire.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Cool good to know I thought I was over fueling but maybe under fueling? How’s the 165 run and does that require machining cases?
it runs good. i did the machining with a aluminum flute bit and packed the case with rags and used a vacuum it was pretty easy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you have compression you should get a pop. Did you set the valve lash? Its so hard to tell without seeing it, but if your sure the timing is correct my guess is a valve is not closing all the way and bleeding off the compression. You can back them out a little just to be sure then adjust them once you get it to fire.
I did set the valves as best I could but I didnt have the tb lash setting tool. Now that I got that I'll give it another go and back them off and see if I can get a compression tester and see from there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How much extra fuel do you think? I tried upping the table on the powercommander 20% and still no luck

·
Vendor
747 Posts
So I bought the 155 stroker kit and a power commander the mnnthbx intake. I finally got it all back together. Had the cam off 180 no biggie got that swapped still can’t get it to fire off. I have fuel and spark, took the air cleaner off to see if that would do the trick no luck. Last unplugged the power commander to see if that would do, still no luck leaving the system like stock. Not sure what to try now.
Just saw this... You should have ZERO issues. I have spot on Bazzaz maps, but that does you know good with the PCV. Please keep me posted.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just saw this... You should have ZERO issues. I have spot on Bazzaz maps, but that does you know good with the PCV. Please keep me posted.
I pumped the fuel up about 35% and almost had it going. I went to bump it to 50% on the low range and 25% on the mid but the starter got to hot gotta let it cool over tonight and see what happens in the morning. I think it’s right there just bummed I might’ve cooked the starter. It was doing that diesel thing where it’s starting to go but it doesn’t have enough fuel. Hopefully good update tomorrow I’m so **** excited to get this thing going.

·
Registered
165 Posts
when i installed a microsquirt ecu for my bike it did that but it was a software issue cos it didnt know where the crank was at. i think your actual timing may be off and the flywheel tdc isnt the same as your crank tdc and the timing key ob the crank snapped

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I admitted defeat I took it to a friend to figure out my timing I think is the issue but I'm waiting for a starter. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have it back and Wyoming winter doesn't make riding impossible.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Word when I get it back I'll definitely need direction tuning it since I'm clueless. Still haven't heard on it yet though, but I'm getting very antsie especially since its in the sixties this week.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got it fired! Operator installer error I put the one way sprag on the back of flywheel backwards put it on right and it fired right off. Night and day difference even untuned. Gonna be outta town this weekend and then hopefully can get it on a dyno next week. But it rips around town. (Napoleon dynamite, yessssssssssss)

·
Registered
35 Posts
How hard is it to install the stroker? I'm confident I can do that 143 big bore but if the stokers not too complicated I may go for it. Lack of videos showing how to do it makes me uneasy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How hard is it to install the stroker? I'm confident I can do that 143 big bore but if the stokers not too complicated I may go for it. Lack of videos showing how to do it makes me uneasy
It was the first time I've taken anything apart that far. I've always conned someone into doing this stuff for me but figured I would give it a go. I think the most important thing is not rushing it, it took me a month to do it only working on it a couple hours here and there. But absolutely need a case splitter, the flywheel puller, a manual from kawi and patience. I mean my degree is in history so I didn't really know what I was doing but that made it doable. And it was definitely worth the money and effort for what little I've gotten to ride it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts