Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was only a matter of when not if.

Lost traction coming out of the last right hander and low sided. Bike took it really well. Chain adjuster and peg kept the plastics of the ground.

At first I thought I was leaking oil... But it was actually just my pinky finger leaking. Motul 7100 and blood look strikingly familiar.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've done it a couple of times in the dirt at low speeds. The stock tires just don't do mud or loose dirt very well. :D No damage from either of mine. To the bike at least. I mildly sprained my wrist on the last one.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Just curious how you lost traction. Was there a bump in the turn and insufficient rebound damping started a slide? Or did you just push too hard and exceed maximum lean angle?

No bent brake or shifter lever?

I'm pretty sure I'll lay mine down at the kart track eventually. I was thinking of adding some Moose Racing Aluminum Handguards. It works just like a slider for your handlebars.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Little z also loops pretty well only bent the foot peg bracket and snapped my folding brake leaver it's also a quick way to do a custom all Crome tailite mod

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just curious how you lost traction. Was there a bump in the turn and insufficient rebound damping started a slide? Or did you just push too hard and exceed maximum lean angle?

No bent brake or shifter lever?

I'm pretty sure I'll lay mine down at the kart track eventually. I was thinking of adding some Moose Racing Aluminum Handguards. It works just like a slider for your handlebars.
I am certain I was pushing too hard. It was only the third lap out and I didn't let the tires heat up sufficiently.

I'm grabbing a set of Moose Hand guards next payday and getting them on there. The throttle tube did take some damage but throttle isn't sticking or anything concerning.

Foot brake was already bent up.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I used to ride supermotos at the kart track and Moose handguards always did the job. Between those and my axle sliders with replaceable delrin inserts, I never had a single thing damaged. And I bought the replaceable slider inserts in 6 packs. :D

·
Registered
562 Posts
What happened to the elbow? I mean, doesn't your gear have elbow pads? Er wait, did this happen at a track or just on the street somewhere?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What happened to the elbow? I mean, doesn't your gear have elbow pads? Er wait, did this happen at a track or just on the street somewhere?
Let's just go with I wasn't wearing proper enough gear. Which in turn, sparked my purchase of a one piece suit yesterday for future endeavors.

I was at a track North of Denver.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i've lowsided mine countless times already haha. but thats from me screwing around trying to get an elbow down and leaning too far all on the stock tires. No damage to speak of from the lowsides, but I have high sided it twice and that was a different story. I have found that these stock tires are really great up to a point and then they are a bit unpredictable. I've even been knee down quite often in the wet on the stock tires! My suspension is also quite suspect as I have funky tire wear going on. The trailing edge before the sipes is dipped in then the leading edge of the tread right after the sipe is feathered upwards.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts