Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,907 Posts
Do you have at least 12.6 Volts ?
Or if you don't have a tester, Will it bump start ?
or
Jump the battery from a automobile, If it starts you need a new battery

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have at least 12.6 Volts ?
Or if you don't have a tester, Will it bump start ?
or
Jump the battery from a automobile, If it starts you need a new battery
I have an 12 v battery. n charger for battery, can I use that to jump start it?

·
Super Moderator
1,907 Posts
No, A charger will not jump start.
Some chargers have a 50amp quick start setting but never had any luck with that on cars myself

Do you have a neutral light on, And kill switch off ?

If you still have a some (week) horn left, it should bump start
But, Jump the battery from a automobile is the best/fastest way to know for sure
or
If you can take a video of the meter unit and throttle while try trying we might see something

·
Registered
320 Posts
I was going to state the same thing that its likely battery but just incase a few other thoughts here.
If its "turning over" as in the starter is trying to go then it doesnt seem to be a kickstand or clutch but always a good idea to rule that out by putting it in neutral and pulling the clutch in at start.

is the pump priming when key and killswitch are in the on position before you try to start it up?
When is the last time you've started it? These bikes are difficult to start if they haven't for a while so if the battery is weak from multiple tries it likely is the battery needing a charge.

·
Super Moderator
330 Posts
Bikes won't start with the kickstand down unless they're in neutral. Or you can bypass the switch and the kickstand will no longer have any affect.

@Tazkxr91 like others have mentioned before I'd guess a low battery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts