Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Nice vid. Quick question. Having not looked at it closely yet how much hacking did it take to get rid of the rear pegs on the Z? Not sure I will ever double up on this thing and might follow your lead.

·
Vendor
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice vid. Quick question. Having not looked at it closely yet how much hacking did it take to get rid of the rear pegs on the Z? Not sure I will ever double up on this thing and might follow your lead.
Easy stuff there. Cut through the four bars, and cap them. We 3D printed some caps, but you can plug them with all kinds of things, or weld them up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
What a great video! I'm also 6.2" 225lbs currently my z is stock.. I will be heavily modifying.. Before I get started trying to get a nice organized plan with color scheme and performance, I like how you guys enjoy the reliability with the stock bore which is what I intend if I can pull enough power out with bolt ons and gearing I will stay stock bore... I have a little more challenge because of how big i'am... I would like to get comfort down first...

You mentioned that you stretched the grom from a performance aspect to tone it down a bit, in your opinion do you think it would do the same to the z? The only down side I dislike is how long the change is and I haven't seen any auto tensioners..

Since we're the same height do you think a nice set f adjustable rear sets will make a huge difference on the z as far as room so we're not hitting our knees?

·
Vendor
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What a great video! I'm also 6.2" 225lbs currently my z is stock.. I will be heavily modifying.. Before I get started trying to get a nice organized plan with color scheme and performance, I like how you guys enjoy the reliability with the stock bore which is what I intend if I can pull enough power out with bolt ons and gearing I will stay stock bore... I have a little more challenge because of how big i'am... I would like to get comfort down first...

You mentioned that you stretched the grom from a performance aspect to tone it down a bit, in your opinion do you think it would do the same to the z? The only down side I dislike is how long the change is and I haven't seen any auto tensioners..

Since we're the same height do you think a nice set f adjustable rear sets will make a huge difference on the z as far as room so we're not hitting our knees?
Our top clamp and rearsets open the cockpit up a bit for guys like us. You're correct that our extensions do exactly the same on the Z, and in fact are on the bike in the video. We feel it enhances the handling, unlike the other extremely long extensions. We've seen no issue at all with the longer chain. Again, it's a much shorter stretch than most.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have to take a look at your top clamp, I haven't seen it I was going to go with the pro taper bars, but I want to take a look at yours is it a clip on style?..

Thanks for the info!

·
Vendor
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have to take a look at your top clamp, I haven't seen it I was going to go with the pro taper bars, but I want to take a look at yours is it a clip on style?..

Thanks for the info!
It gives you four mounting positions depending on your size and taste. Holds any fatbar. Pro Taper, Renthal, etc...

·
Vendor
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
make something to move the footpegs down mnnthbx i am 6'2" also and recently got a grom also, not gunna like easier to sit on the grom than the z, drop those pegs might help!
All Grom owner want pegs higher for greater lean angle. Our Z rearsets move them back a small amount, creating more room without wadding your legs up...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts