Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't seen too many on track videos with the Z so I thought I'd share video of one of my sessions with me and a couple of buddies.
We were using this as a bit of a practice for an upcoming 2 hour endurance race put on by the Steelshoe Fund on July 17th (I've posted more info about the race in the Events forum)

For reference in the video my bike is completely stock, I just removed the headlight assembly and taped over the tail light. The other two have an intake and an exhaust as well as different bars, sprocket, etc.

If anyone is in the area and interested in getting out on track check out the Z cup page here: https://www.z125cup.com/about/

We'll be doing an event on one Monday of each month from June through September. There will be demo rides, track rides, skills courses and a Z cup challenge which will consist of an coned course competition and a chance to win a Z125.

Cheers!

·
Registered
143 Posts
**** that looks like fun! If I was anywhere near there I would be all over that.

I am trying to find the time to do a track day out my way. We have a track in my town and a bunch within driving distance, but they are all too big to really be fun on a Z125, so I'll almost certainly do one on my Hypermotard first.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Kneedragger. :D This looks like a blast. Wasn't aware Milwaukee Mile had an infield track.
Haha, Hi Zaph :). I wasn't aware you had a Z! I was not aware of the infield until recently and the course they have doesn't utilize all of it but it's still a lot of fun. The brakes are definitely numb but I was surprised how well the stock tires felt. Definitely need a brake upgrade and new bars. You should come out and do the endurance race in July!

**** that looks like fun! If I was anywhere near there I would be all over that.

I am trying to find the time to do a track day out my way. We have a track in my town and a bunch within driving distance, but they are all too big to really be fun on a Z125, so I'll almost certainly do one on my Hypermotard first.
Thanks! Where are you located roughly? The track layout they have is basically some straights and various chicanes but it's still a blast on the Z. It rained later in the day and we were barely backing up our brake markers...must be something about having less than 8 hp to play with :grin2:. Either way I'm looking forward to seeing how it stacks up against the Grom come July.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Awesome.

I actually came across your video today while I was uploading mine. Took my z to the local go kart track Monday and it was the most fun I have ever had on a bike.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome.

I actually came across your video today while I was uploading mine. Took my z to the local go kart track Monday and it was the most fun I have ever had on a bike.
Very cool, I'm hoping to have mine out at the local kart tracks soon as well. Definitely a ton of fun, even in wet conditions. :smile2:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Very cool, I'm hoping to have mine out at the local kart tracks soon as well. Definitely a ton of fun, even in wet conditions. :smile2:
I think you will have more fun on a kart track. The one you are are is too long IMO

Here is a vid that was taken when I went. Im in the all black suit and green Z at the beginning.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, lots of straights. The kart track definitely looks like more fun but being the first time I've had the Z on track I had a blast.

How often does that track do nights like that?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yeah, lots of straights. The kart track definitely looks like more fun but being the first time I've had the Z on track I had a blast.

How often does that track do nights like that?
Any track is better than no track.

1st and 3rd monday on each month.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts