Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new owner, had plenty of bikes but never a mini. Was wondering the maintenance per mile recommended for a z125. I do have the owners manual but looking for more of a practical list. Obviously frequent oil changes since it takes a quart 馃槀 but looking more for things on the bike that need lubed, oiled, checked or replaced at recommended mileage. Love this bike and can't wait to ride it everywhere. Little side question as well, I do live in Phoenix so it is blazing hot in the summer AND I'll be doing some stoplight to stoplight city commuting. Is it worth investing in an oil cooler?

Registered
I definitely will agree with chain adjustments on the OEM chain. It stretches way too much I checked mine every 30 to 40 miles and adjusted (6 adjustments in around 200 miles) . If you are riding yours wide open all the time then you should also consider frequent oil changes, like every 200 to 400 miles.

Registered
Even a good, non-o ring chain will be worlds better. My oem chain was completely trashed with 0 stunting after 3500 miles. Replaced it with a DID non-o ring chain and haven't adjusted it once after initially installing it almost 500 miles ago.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Nice I'll have to look into one of those. Did you end up keeping the stock sprockets with it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts