Vehicle Make Model Model Year(s)
KAWASAKI Z125 PRO 2017

Number of potentially involved : 1,282

Estimated percentage with defect : 100 %

Production Dates : FEB 04, 2016 - JUN 07, 2016

VIN Range 1 : Begin : JKABRRJ10HDA00041 End : JKABRRJ1XHDA01643

>>Related Thread<<

First Recall or Bad Luck?

Manufacturer: Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.

SUMMARY:
Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. (Kawasaki) is recalling certain model year 2017 Kawasaki Z125 Pro motorcycles manufactured February 4, 2016 through June 7, 2016. In the affected motorcycles, the shock absorbers may leak oil and lose their function.

CONSEQUENCE:
Loss of function of the shock absorbers may affect the motorcycle's handling, increasing the risk of a crash.

REMEDY:
Kawasaki will notify owners, and dealers will replace the shock absorbers, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin on July 26, 2016. Owners may contact Kawasaki customer service at 1-866-802-9381. Kawasaki's number for this recall is MC16-04.

·
447 Posts

Maybe we can get store credit toward an Ohlins shock. ;-)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up. I stopped at my dealer's for a part the over the weekend and they let me know about it. They are watching for my VIN number and will let me know.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Mine started leaking at around 400 miles. Got tired of hearing the dealership give me ****, saying I was too hard in it or something, so I went aftermarket. YSS rear shock should be here in 2-3 days.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Mine started leaking at around 400 miles. Got tired of hearing the dealership give me ****, saying I was too hard in it or something, so I went aftermarket. YSS rear shock should be here in 2-3 days.
That's what I dislike about some dealers, often the guys going in to buy a bike know more than those selling it!

Independent shops are where I try to go, ones with a good reputation. Even dealers with a good reputation but that's harder.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had gone in to my dealer before recall and they have been calling Kawasaki with no response. I called in today, since the official recall, and they entered my VIN in the system again and the recall for the rear shock came up. They now were able to easily order the replacement. If you call the dealer, who should already have your VIN, if they check it the recall should show up with the rear shock issue.

·
Registered
82 Posts
my bike is in the recall, and at 300 miles today I noticed a significant amount of oil leaking down the shock body. ah well, where is Ohlins at??

·
Registered
92 Posts
Couldn't you just have it done at nearest kawasaki dealer?
Probably... but I simply don't trust the dealers in this area. They're all big gigantic multi-line dealers and their arrogant attitude towards customers was my main motivation for avoiding them. The dealer I bought the bike from is a real small family owned + operated single line dealership out in the middle of nowhere and I totally trust the guys there. Besides, it gives me an excuse to take the day to enjoy myself and stop back by that barbecue joint I ate at when I first picked up the little Z. Crazy as it sounds, I'm actually looking forward to it!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Probably... but I simply don't trust the dealers in this area. They're all big gigantic multi-line dealers and their arrogant attitude towards customers was my main motivation for avoiding them. The dealer I bought the bike from is a real small family owned + operated single line dealership out in the middle of nowhere and I totally trust the guys there. Besides, it gives me an excuse to take the day to enjoy myself and stop back by that barbecue joint I ate at when I first picked up the little Z. Crazy as it sounds, I'm actually looking forward to it!
I understand that. The ones near me have terrible attitudes and do terrible work with terrible reviews. I also bought mine from a smaller and further out of town place. But I only have a 30 minute drive luckily even then.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts