Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vendor
686 Posts
I detest the look, but that's opinion of course. Not opinion is that 5700 lumens isn't particularly good for that much lighting....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I detest the look, but that's opinion of course. Not opinion is that 5700 lumens isn't particularly good for that much lighting....
Can you explain why you say that amount of lumens isn't good? That's like 5 times more than the standard H4 Halogen bulb...

To each his own on the look, of course. My buddy has one of these, though, and the light output is sick! Just wondering why you say it isn't good?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had a light bar on my supermoto for a while, and in my opinion the problem wasn't the light output, but the fact that LEDs set up like that tend to be a very focused beam, so I couldn't see as wide as I could with an HID or halogen headlight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you have a spot beam only light bar? The ones they use on this are a spot/flood combo, and when riding I can see everything from the light of his headlight.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I haven't seen it in person but I too thought about this as an option living in DC which is slowly becoming NYC as far as traffic and bad drivers are concerned.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine was a spot light, so that could've been part of the problem. Went with an HID after that and have had no complaints.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That looks awesome! But where do the turn signals go? I don't like how underneath the display is exposed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That looks awesome! But where do the turn signals go? I don't like how underneath the display is exposed.
Right here!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't like that too much, either. My buddy doesn't mind it. He has his turn signals like is shown here (I can't post links, but you can see it in the pics in the product link above):

They have a spot where you take out a screw and drill a hole to mount them.

·
447 Posts

We felt the same thing when it first came out for the Grom.

But, once we installed it on our bike, it looks much better in person. More Rugged look.

Obviously, to each his own.

For us, the KEY reason........... More light output.

These double row head lights, are literally like turning on the Sunlight...... at night.

You see the road better and farther ahead. And most of all, other drivers see YOU better.

We did a lot of testing on these ... with cars ahead, and cars coming straight at us. to ensure it wasn't blinding anyone.

It was a huge improvement how much better a car sees you when you have these lights. (Day or Night)

That for us, was worth any other Aesthetic trade offs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts