Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everyone,sorry if i posted this jn the weong area but i have a issue ans i need some help. So a few weeks ago i purchased a bazzaz unit on ebay(used) kept putting it off on installing cause i been pretty busy at work. Well after i got everything installed it turned out the dude never sent me the o2 stabilizer part🤦‍♂️ i have a few questions if anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

First off, is there anywhere i can purchase just the o2 stabilizer? Looked everywhere but it keeps commung back to the whole unit.

Secondly,how does the afm work? If i cant find a o2 stabilizer i guess my only option would be to upgrade to the zafm.
In regards to the afm.
Do i need to cover up the old o2 bung and then drill and weld the new one on?
Would it even be possible to just upgrade without the o2 stabilizer?
Also does the afm have to be z125 specific? Or are they all the same?

Sorry for the few dumb questions im just so stressed out about this right now and need some help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is my first time ever trying any type of tuning idk what to do.

Also Please ignore all the spelling errors my phone is too small for my big hands lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Motodrah. I don't know every answer, but here's what I do know. I'm running Bazzaz with AFM. Love it.

If you haven't already, contract Bazzaz directly (phone usually beats email) to see if o2 stabilizer is available. They should be able to answer a lot of those questions.

The AFM adds onto the Bazzaz (very simple install - easier than Bazzaz install) and the included 18mm o2 sensor plugs into the exhaust. The AFM creates a map from a test ride you take the bike on. After this ride you use the map created on the test ride to replace the existing map. You don't need the o2 stabilizer with the AFM.

If you keep your eyes on the classifieds (here and other sources, such as eBay) you will likely find a use AFM for less than full retail.

If you go with the AFM, you'll need an 18mm bung on the exhaust pipe. Some pipes, like Comp Werkes, come with an 18mm with 12mm adaptor, so you can run 12mm (stock) or 18mm (AFM) o2 sensors. You wouldn't run o2 both sensors at once.

You can order a 18mm bung from MNNTTB or Amazon (and other places, I'm sure. The MNNTTB will be best and safest quality/fit). Remove your exhaust pipe and take it, with the bung, to a muffler shop. They can cut off your old 12mm bung and replace it with the 18mm bung. I was quoted $40 to do this. Cheap! Avoid any nonsense you find on the net about 12mm to 18mm adaptors. They don't position the o2 sensor correctly (you can adapt from 18mm to 12mm - easy part fit).

Best of luck!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had the same issue with a unit I bought from a forum member here.

From Bazzaz, this thing cost $100!!! Had I known that, I would have bought a new unit altogether.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much for the replies, everyone i kept asking about the afm kept it short i wanted to know some more detail about their bung and what not and you gave me the info i needed! Appreciate it! Bazzaz finally got back to me(since i get out of work and they are closed) about the o2 stabilizer and i can order it directly but the afm might be a nice feature. Now i have to figure out weather i learn how to fill out the carb form from bazzaz or upgrade🤔 lol. Thanks a whole lot!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts