Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Owned a 2017 grom but bought myself a z125 in green recently (since green is the only color available in Canada).

Went and painted all the fairings to gun metal the first day I got it.
(Painted cars for fun previously).

Installed bar end mirrors, and have a Vagabond eliminator and levers on their way.

Can't wait to do more mods!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I also added carbon wrap on part of the headlight to try and balance the carbon on the side of the bike and near the wheel.

Let me know what you think!

The 2 pictures below are before I did the bar end mirrors.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't really like the green and wanted to be different (Canada only came with green).

LED headlight came, Vagabond fender eliminator installed!

The headlights are bright but they are only 30w 1500 Lumen 6000k LEDs.

I guess this is turning into a build thread haha.

Levers are being shipped.

Not sure what to do next, any suggestions??

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh I switched to the z125 because my cousin wanted the Grom.

The grom is faster stock vs stock, has better brakes, more comfortable seat position, better headlights from stock,

The z125 feels more refined, transmission feels smoother, more aggressive seat position, bigger gas tank, and feels more agile then the grom.

Both have their positives and negatives but you can't go wrong with either.

I didn't really like the z125 stock headlight so i got a LED headlight bulb where as the 2017 already comes with LED.

The brakes on the z125 is much worse then the grom, but I can still lock the brakes so its not that big of an issue to me.

The seating position on the z125 causes my butt to hurt after like 20 minutes of riding. Might look into a new seat.

Summary: Their both great bikes. Anything you dislike, there are parts available to eliminate the issues.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Didn't realize how lucky I was to get the gray.

The dealer had two - green and gray. It was never a choice, for me...that green paintjob is tacky, even for a sixteen-year-old. What are they THINKING?

The dealer was trying to get rid of both of them - marked down to $2499. Seemed reasonable, for a fuel-injected, mini-crotch-rocket, with reported 120-mpg economy. And I fit on it, kinda...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree with the green being tacky. Gray is not even a choice in Canada so I painted it.

Its Kawasaki so they have to use their color haha.

I think the gray i used is a little darker then the original gray.

I'm old and short. I'm 29 and only 5'³ haha.

My riding boots make me able to touch the ground easier lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts