Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Too bad the rider wasn't pushing it more. would have liked to see some hard accleration and braking to go with it right before those turns.

Still, thanks for posting this, these look better on the track :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
Well, its not really a track bike and that guy wasn't pushing it very hard. Having said that, it's still fun to see the Z125 on a track.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can actually lean pretty low on track with a 125cc bike. Looked at a few videos of the Grom doing it and probably a load of fun with the Z125.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yup, just need to get it up to the right speed and find turns that help to bring up those leaning opportunities.

Just have to wait for some brave riders to come along. With how much slower things are taking off for the Z125 i won't to expect to see it as fast as the Grom has.

·
Registered
96 Posts
It just doesn't really seem like the track here has long enough straight-aways to get up to speed before leaning into the turns.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Most 125cc bikes are bound to have huge chicken strips since it is supposed to be a street bike. People don't usually take them on track.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yeah it's not common but you do have those people that do take them the extra mile, it happens. At least being on a forum we have a high er chance of seeing those folks here.

·
Registered
96 Posts
That looks like a ton of fun. I've never been out to a track to just ride around before, but this gives me a sense of what I've been missing.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Probably great practice before you move up in cc and go on track. Shouldn't be too bad since it's a smaller bike and you're not going at high speeds. would be interesting to see someone this with a Z125 but that doesn't seem to be the 125cc culture in thailand.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Good point, getting a feel for the leans and developing your balance control and all is essential. Basically using this as a platform to get the fundamentals well seated is what this can be, which is what most starter bikes act as any ways.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts