Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was thinking about getting some knobby tires for my z125, but I'm not sure which ones would work the best? any recommendations?

Thank you!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I bought some Pirelli SL60's, which to me was a perfect compromise since I will be on the street about 85% of the time. I put a corbin seat on at the same time, and between the two, can really tell a difference in ride comfort. I did sacrifice about 3 mph on the top end due to the weight of the tires though.

·
Super Moderator
1,838 Posts
I bought some Pirelli SL60's,
I did sacrifice about 3 mph on the top end due to the weight of the tires though.
I also noticed a performance loss with the Kenda's I just put on.
When i first took off i thought my brakes were dragging form the re-assembly So I Picked them up and spun them , all good .
So then it had to be the tires . I defiantly have to rev' it higher to take off.
And I'd bet the maxxis m6024's are the same thing.
But I gotta have the tread design ... so be it :crying:
For those that don't really need a dirt type tire and doing it for looks only

Beware of the performance loss that comes with them
As always , just my .02 :D

Reactions: Z125rider

·
Super Moderator
1,838 Posts
All Brands

Currently the ones available in 12" I've found .
Pic 1 / Maxxis m6024
Pic 2 / Pirelli SL60
Pic 3 / Kenda 761
Pic 4 / Duro HF903
Pic 5 / Heidenau K58
Pic 6 / Heidenau k66
Pic 7 / Shinko SR428
Pic 8 / Vee Rubber-VRM133
Pic 9 / 12" I think I didnt ID my pic when saved / Anybody ?
I'll add more to this thread as i find them for those shopping around . Or anyone that knows of more post them up ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
A friend recently put a set of the Maxxis tires on his Grom. It's not what I'd want for a street machine but if it's a dual-sport for you they offer pretty outstanding grip in the dirt. He rode with us on a mini-mx track, all of us riding CRF110's with MX tires and he could corner nearly as fast as the rest of us. The road noise is significant along with some performance loss but it's a give and take with tires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts