Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have a pitbull that I use on my ZRX but the pin for that bike wont work on the Z as the lifting arm hits the headlight. I have asked this question before and haven't really gotten an answer so free bump...... :)

Hopefully someone will chime in with a pin.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a pitbull that I use on my ZRX but the pin for that bike wont work on the Z as the lifting arm hits the headlight. I have asked this question before and haven't really gotten an answer so free bump......

Works with the pin for my 2005 R1. Not perfectly but it works. It's a tight squeeze to get it as the angle is weird but one it's up it's secure.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I have a pitbull that I use on my ZRX but the pin for that bike wont work on the Z as the lifting arm hits the headlight. I have asked this question before and haven't really gotten an answer so free bump...... :)

I've heard of people with that kind of clearance issue fixing it with a little unthreaded aluminum spacer, like sold at McMaster-Carr.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found a set on Ebay front and rear for $50 shipped going to give them a shot later tonight
Post up your results!!

Works with the pin for my 2005 R1. Not perfectly but it works. It's a tight squeeze to get it as the angle is weird but one it's up it's secure.
What stand do you have?

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Used my PitBull stands all weekend long. When letting down the front I have to wiggle it a little bit to get it out as it find of wedges in there but isn't causing any damage. I also added the OTB Chain Adjuster with Spools from Hard Racing to use with the rear for more stability!

Attachments

·
Registered
896 Posts
Bumping this thread back to life because I've got tires in the mail and no way to remove the front wheel.

I'm not keen on Pitbull prices seeing as I'm not a track junkie, just going to be using it for the service and storage.

Does anyone have a set-up that is working for them that they can recommend? (I'd like to stay under $130 if I can help it.)

Has anyone taken a wheel off while using a fork stand or does the bike get crazy unstable with the wheel removed?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
909 Posts
I've done my KAYO with a fork stand - once. Now I put a jack under the engine to lift the front of that machine. I have a set of tires and not sure how I'm going to handle lifting each end of he Z. I may build a large saw horse and use a strap to lift each end, or I'll need to build some spool mounts that don't fall out when you remove the axle. Either way the front will get lifted by some sort of strap because a jack doesn't really work safely for the front.

This won't work because the exhaust is not designed to be a jacking point (like my Buell can be jacked) https://www.harborfreight.com/1500-lbs-capacity-atvmotorcycle-lift-60536.html

But I wonder if an adapter could be made to lift from a frame point in the rear, and hit the stem in the front (from the back side of the stem). Probably take more welding than it is worth and a large saw horse with winch would be the best.

This thing would work if you have room to store it https://www.harborfreight.com/high-position-motorcycle-lift-99887.html [edit] maybe not

·
Registered
896 Posts
I was looking specifically for suggestions on triple tree stands confirmed to work with the Z (like the above Pitbull stand) that I can throw my money at. I'm hesitant to believe that "universal" designs will fit the *ahem* unique size of the Z.

But now that you've got me thinking about it, I do like the idea of trying something a little goofy for free in the meantime.

Reminds me of the FortNine video where they tested the red-neck ladder lift. Heck... I might try that exact method.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I wonder what happens if I try to purchase this stand which is clearly marked with the head-pin price. Deal of the week? I bet I'd get a head-pin...

·
Registered
788 Posts
I hooked ratchet straps from the handlebars on the Z to the rafters in my garage last time I needed to get the front wheel off the bike. It wasn't super stable, but it was good enough. The bike was on a rear stand as well for added stability.

I have a pitbull front stand for my SV650 if you need to borrow something... I don't know if it will interfere with the headlight on the Z or if the pin will fit...

Or you can make something like this (see attached)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,846 Posts
I was looking specifically for suggestions on triple tree stands confirmed to work with the Z .

But now that you've got me thinking about it, I do like the idea of trying something a little goofy for free in the meantime.
Spending a lot of time with handling, Modding and mounting and abusing the stock exhaust, You can use it to jack the bike up all day long just use something that pic's up most all of the surface area instead of a 2"-3" area per say.

Hardracing uses the one they sell in this video as per there reply to comments below.

https://youtu.be/oQugpn-MsAs?t=480

Reactions: Ando
1 - 20 of 32 Posts