Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I am not an owner of the z125 (yet) but have been playing in the small bike scene for almost two decades. Mostly I have some insane built Honda CT70's and some sick custom CB100's with big motors stuffed in them.

One of the next things I want to start thinking about is the z125...either as a parts source or as something to build.

I'm hoping someone on here can do me a solid and do a few measurements for me. I really am looking to find the dimensions of the forks on this bike, because I want to know if they are the same as the KSR110 which was never made available here in the US. I actually have grafted KSR forks onto one of my bikes, and do have them sprung with preload tensioners on them.

If someone would be willing to take a few minutes and provide me some measurements, I would be grateful. Looking for the following.

Top clamping area
bottom clamping area
total length to axle center
width, center to center of the forks.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Top clamping area / 1.530 Dia.
bottom clamping area / 1.610 Dia.
total length to axle center / 25.5 Length @ full drop
width, center to center of the forks. / 7.250 cl-cl
Did some cross reference for KLX110L forks that have 1.5" more travel and the triple clamps seamed to be the same matching OEM part numbers , maybe needing the different bottom bearing and grind ledge trick
Gave up myself and just bought another bike . But made my Z' look Dirt/Dual Sport but still totally stock suspension and motor except pipe
https://www.z125owners.com/forum/members/kaw'ee-albums-kaw'ee+-dual+sport.html

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome (potentially) to the Z community! I have a CT70/140 that has been my DD for about two years and just grabbed my Z a few weeks ago. It’s comfy😜 Since Kawee beat me my work is done lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the dimensions...they seem to be the same as standard KSR110 forks, at least on the outside. If that's confirmed, that should open up a whole lot more tuning options since the KSR110 has been around for more than a decade, and the overseas tuning market is pretty mature on them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Welcome fatcaat! I remember reading some of your posts on lilhonda forums over the past few years. I sold my ct70 last year and bought a z125, sometimes I miss the nastalgia of the 70 but I now have a more suitable daily driver in the Z. Looking forward to seeing what you do if you decide to buy a Z!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts