Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal for the z to vibrate heavy during idle and normal cruising speeds?

I saw that there was a thread already for foot peg vibrations but when my z vibrates it shakes the whole bike.

Are there anybody experiencing the same thing?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I made some rubber spacers for my pipe which fixed the problem.

This is for an aftermarket exhaust though.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone. I have a feeling it's normal but I just wanted to make sure. This is my first bike and I still have yet a lot to learn. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
i had major vibrations, was going to change exhaust.... but put in rubber washers between all mounting bolts, helped some, then later on i noticed that the chain was making noise, pulled off sprocket cover and found motor mount bolt had come loose and was bouncing around just behind the sprocket. looked like the nut came off the RH side, my assumptions was that the guy who installed the exhaust might have thought is was part of the mounting for the exhaust and forgot to tighten back up after done.

·
Registered
207 Posts
i had major vibrations, was going to change exhaust.... but put in rubber washers between all mounting bolts, helped some, then later on i noticed that the chain was making noise, pulled off sprocket cover and found motor mount bolt had come loose and was bouncing around just behind the sprocket. looked like the nut came off the RH side, my assumptions was that the guy who installed the exhaust might have thought is was part of the mounting for the exhaust and forgot to tighten back up after done.
Had the same issue. Actually lost the nut on the opposite side. Fixed this issue by using a nylon locking nut and blue thread locker and tightened it up a little more than it should be.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same issue. Actually lost the nut on the opposite side. Fixed this issue by using a nylon locking nut and blue thread locker and tightened it up a little more than it should be.
Do you know what size bolt you used? I am having the same problem and can't find any dimensions listed anywhere to buy a replacement :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
The mechanics at my dealer have replaced several stock exhaust due to the brackets breaking from motor mounts being loose. Appears to be 2017's thus far. They wanted to check my 2018 to make sure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had this issue and thought it was the motor bolts being loose too, so I tightened them too much and they snapped -- Don't do what I did...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had this issue and thought it was the motor bolts being loose too, so I tightened them too much and they snapped -- Don't do what I did...
Next time why don't you do yourself a favor and pay more attention when you're dismantling something, so you can remember how to rebuild it properly, or better yet, pay a professional to do it for you... That way it's less likely to fall apart while you're riding it due to lack of properly torqued fasteners.
Funny

1 - 14 of 14 Posts