Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
did you ever try the mnnthbx map
Yes, it is very similar to the one Brock's Performance made. The Brock's map is a little better when taking off from first, the bike doesn't want to initially bog down, but other than that the bike performs about the same. My guess is if you have a Yoshimura pipe, you won't see the stumbling issue off start with the MNNTHBX map since it was designed for the Yosh.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All these mods really don't increase top speed. What they do is get you to top speed quicker and help keep you there. Peak horsepower hits at around 8200 RPM, the falls off from there. What I notice is at 8700 RPM (61 MPH), you run out of steam. Right now, a stock Z125 could theoretically outrun my modified bike, if they had a long enough downhill slope. My guess is a gearing change will help. I'll post back results when I find someone with a 15 tooth front sprocket in stock.

The other option would be to install a performance cam which would bring peak hp at a higher RPM. I'm not sold on the cam change as my intended use for the bike is blasting down curvy rural roads. I would prefer the motor run at lower revs as I plan to put a lot of miles on it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I just put in the steady garage cam which is almost half the cost of the crower cam

the cam does seem to get me to higher speeds quicker but the gearing is what will keep me from gaining any more top speed

and I think I can say going up hills I may make 3-5 more mph, compared to stock cam
which is a good increase

and I can get to max 67 mph on rev limiter flat ground quicker then before too

what I need to do is now ride a stock bike to see what the changes really are
because its hard to feel any changes when you slowly upgrade and get used to how it feels

·
Registered
4 Posts
You mind sending me the map you're using? my email is jke_itmm

thats at yahoo.com

I have the same setup as you yet I'm running to lean with the map from the bazzaz site

1 - 8 of 8 Posts