Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the occasion my Z will shut off from a complete stop. It has happened a few times since i have owned it.

Example. I will come up to a stop light. Waiting for the light to go green, my z idles fine (sometimes i notice the RPMs going really low, so i give it a flick sometimes). Once the light goes green, before I even get close to the friction zone, my Z will just shut off.

No stutter or feeling of clutch grab, so it's not stalling..

My first gen Ninja 300 did the same, but then there was a software update which fixed it.

Is this happening to anyone else?
Does anyone know of a fix?(or if there is going to be on elike the 300)

Thanks fellow riders. I hope you all ride safe out there!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It doesn't seem like something serious, but it can get sketchy when there is traffic behind me waiting for me to go.

More Information!: My bike has no performance upgrades. Maybe it just needs a power commander ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine was doing exactly this!!

Indirectly caused me to loop it after getting the shits and dumping the clutch after a particularly panicky restart.

Extremely frustrating as it just shuts off. As if you'd flicked the kill switch.

It seemed to disappear after doing my 1000km service in which the clutch cable was adjusted to take the play out of the lever. Buuut I know it's not a clutch stall issue... So yeah no idea why it stopped happening haha.

I just found a bit of a blip once or twice at long lights and just generally giving it more off the line.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes I suffered this problem in the very beginning with my Z as well. I recommend an air intake or just some high millage riding. Also something that I noticed on mine that would cause this problem was that the clutch cable was fairly loose, just a quick adjustment should fix your problem.

·
Registered
288 Posts
On the occasion my Z will shut off from a complete stop. It has happened a few times since i have owned it.

Example. I will come up to a stop light. Waiting for the light to go green, my z idles fine (sometimes i notice the RPMs going really low, so i give it a flick sometimes). Once the light goes green, before I even get close to the friction zone, my Z will just shut off.

No stutter or feeling of clutch grab, so it's not stalling..

My first gen Ninja 300 did the same, but then there was a software update which fixed it.

Is this happening to anyone else?
Does anyone know of a fix?(or if there is going to be on elike the 300)

Thanks fellow riders. I hope you all ride safe out there!
Same here. Has happened a couple times.

·
Registered
18 Posts
So it happened again, no idea why. Same deal. Sitting at the lights, go to take off, dies.

Thankfully it didn't surprise me as much as it used to.

I've got a chimera intake coming from hardracing so will update if that makes any difference.

Intake plus a Tyga exhaust will likely lean it out a bit so if it's a fuel flood issue I'll be able to tell. See how we go.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bumping as I just got my new z125 pro a few weeks ago.

Within the first 50 miles, this has happened to me at least 5 times. Not a typical stall, I've been riding for years. The bike either just shuts off while idling, or worse, shuts off right as I'm about to start moving (prior to clutch friction point).

Has there been any fix for this issue?

Thanks!

·
Registered
562 Posts
I've seen this on many fuel injected bikes. I can't tell you how to fix it but I can tell you what I think it is.

It's a fuel injection issue. But it needs to be said that no amount of mapping throttle calibrating or TPS adjustments will fix it. A power commander or Bazzaz can't fix it either.

The problem is due to the way the ECU handles minimum air adjustment. The solution is to adjust the minimum air setting on your throttle body, then you have to adjust the multiple TPS settings so the ECU knows the position of the throttle blade.

I've done it on one other bike, but every bike is different. Worse yet, custom software is needed to access the settings in the ECU, and this may not even exist for the Z125.

Let's just hope it's something simple instead.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had this happen when my bike was under 1000 miles, and only once. Since crossing 1000 miles I haven't had it happen again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have 400 miles on my bike and it happened two or three times. Once when the engine was cold and two times when stopped at a red light for a long time. I have the otb velocity filter and a bazzaz zfi. I am trying different maps to see if it changes anything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
this happened. not a stall!

Has the ecu recall fixed this?
This just happened to me for the first time. i have had the bike 1 year and it has about 5500 miles on it. Coming to a red light i shifted into neutral and it died as i came to the stop. wouldn't turn back on. Thankfully i was about a half mile from my house so i pushed it.
Engine light is on. its been a couple hours, no change. Also want to note that i just got the ECU recall done about 2 weeks ago.
Any ideas?
I see a few people saying this has happened to them multiple times and now all of the sudden its fine? Is there something i should check? where to start??
*no engine modifications done.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts