Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a pretty dumb question. So I'm planning on buying my Z125 Pro around February or March for the new riding season. Is this a bike that will be hard to find around then due to high demand at the time (and the new riding season)? Not sure of this is a dumb question but let me know what yall think lol.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I really doubt you will have any problems. Despite our love for the bike, they've never been hard to find. You will probably even be able to find a nicely discounted 2017 model still by then.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey guys i have a pretty dumb question. So I'm planning on buying my Z125 Pro around February or March for the new riding season. Is this a bike that will be hard to find around then due to high demand at the time (and the new riding season)? Not sure of this is a dumb question but let me know what yall think lol.
Okay, you're in Cleveland, right?

I don't think there's a heavy demand for the little Z there, frankly. And I say that as a Native Son. The big market for the baby Z is California and the West Coast...maybe Hawaii and Florida.

I was chasing down a bargain in Lost Angeles and happened to notice that a Kaw dealer there had about 12 Z125s - and THEY were not discounted. The Versys 300s, price cut by a third, but not the Z.

Here in the Montana hills, our dealer had two, and had the prices cut. I saved $500 on mine; the other one, the green one, he still has.

So it may be that the Cleveland Kaw dealers won't HAVE any in stock; and if they do, it may only be one in the area - and whoever has it may be holding it on speculation, trying for list price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You talking new or used? I?ve never seen a used one for sale around me, but the Kawi dealers always try to keep one or two in stock.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I always say buy used, but if you can find a dealer that's not going to rape you for freight, setup, documentation and anything else they can think of, then it really doesn't make much sense to buy a used bike that's this cheap

Craigslist is loaded with people who paid too much in fees and generally only want to sell for $200 under MSRP.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found a 17 out of state and got it for 3000 OTD. Found a few used for 2500 plus, but like Zaph said, I would rather just pay a few hundred more and get a new bike with a fresh motor and components. Gonna register it to my Fl address and save some sales tax as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts