Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the age group that owns these cool little bikes ?? I have been riding 40 years[since 7 y/o , do the math ] and have had 37 motorcycles . Just bought mine Saturday I am probably the oldest guy on here ???

·
Registered
562 Posts
The big 50 here. Started on a Rupp scrambler when I was ten, and I've been on everything since then. been on the track a lot since 2011 or so.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very Cool guys !!! I felt like should i buy this at my age ??? But I'm young at heart and a bit of a goof ball !! Glad to know I'm not the only one who likes to have a blast with things like this as he gets older !! My next item will be a Evolve electric long board as i use to skate big time when i was younger

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What was your OTD price? My uncle is looking to buy one he is 48. haha
Well i was wrong on the year i posted in the welcome page , It is a 2018 model i bought !! I paid about 3800.00 with tax ,tag ,title and all the other garbage that they get you for .They had a tag on it at 3399.00 but since i have bought a few Vespas from them they knocked it down to 3000.00 .Im not sure i got the best deal but i wanted it so i was willing to pay it .Im looking forward to a lot of fun !!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just wondering what the age group that owns these cool little bikes ?? I have been riding 40 years[since 7 y/o , do the math ] and have had 37 motorcycles . Just bought mine Saturday I am probably the oldest guy on here ???
Nope. I'm 59, have been riding since age 27, and have had about 15 bikes...everything from an R5C, my trainer, to an SR500, then a Kaw triple two-stroke (forget the model; only had it three weeks...scared the **** out of me...then a break.

Then a Virago 250 to relearn, 2008. Then a Savage 650...wanted to relive the SR500. That Savage was anything BUT. A limp-wristed milquetoast of a bike.

Then a TU250, as an around-town bike. Along with a BMW R1200GS...I felt flush. Loved the bike but couldn't afford service, parts and maintenance. Sold it and did well...glad I did. Won't ever do it again.

Then a V-Strom 650...much, much better than the same-size Savage. But Suzuki is not a great name anymore...after two recalls, both of them reassembled wrong, second one leading to road failure and damage...that was IT.

Right now my Big Bike is a 1982 Honda GL500 that I got cheap-cheap-cheap. Excellent condition, and no problems with 800 miles on it so far. Total mileage is 13,000.

And this Z, and a Honda PCX scooter that the Z is to replace. Although I'm not sure about that. I will say the Z suspension has it ALL OVER the PCX, which bottoms regularly on the rear.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I actually have sold all my big bikes as riding in Florida kinda sucks !! No hills and not too many corners . So decided to take a break from the big bikes as I am just tired of the same couple of roads I have been on for over 15 years here . I also have a 2018 Vespa 300GTS that has a top speed of 75 MPH . I love the Vespa and im sure ill love the little Z . If I get another big bike it Will be next year with the 2018 Aprilia Dorso 900 supermoto style bike .But for now im going to have a blast on the Z !!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I actually have sold all my big bikes as riding in Florida kinda sucks !! No hills and not too many corners . So decided to take a break from the big bikes as I am just tired of the same couple of roads I have been on for over 15 years here . I also have a 2018 Vespa 300GTS that has a top speed of 75 MPH . I love the Vespa and im sure ill love the little Z . If I get another big bike it Will be next year with the 2018 Aprilia Dorso 900 supermoto style bike .But for now im going to have a blast on the Z !!!
You might want to do what I did; get an OLDER bike, in the under-$2K range...since you won't be using it so much.

Save money, and have the big bike when you tire of 52 miles per hour. And...with both of them cheap, you can probably afford both.

Although I admit to being spoiled in Montana. There is no requirement for motorcycle insurance; and registration is "permanent."

So...I insure the big GL500 (520 pounds; 90 mph) but I chance it with the PCX and the Z. Maybe not the smart plan, but I'm riding a greased skid down the tubes...out of work 18 months and living on my meager savings.

·
Registered
54 Posts
48 here...... Never too old to have pure fun ! Who gives a crap what other riders or non-riders think? The little Z is the most pure fun to ride of my current (4) bikes. I went riding with a friend Sunday ( who is in his early 50's ) that owns a GROM and we had a blast. Giggling like little girls at every stop sign and red light.

·
Registered
39 Posts
48 here...... Never too old to have pure fun ! Who gives a crap what other riders or non-riders think? The little Z is the most pure fun to ride of my current (4) bikes. I went riding with a friend Sunday ( who is in his early 50's ) that owns a GROM and we had a blast. Giggling like little girls at every stop sign and red light.
You're right...and I'm reminded of this.

On the big-bike side, I sold my Wee-Strom and got, cheap, a 1982 Honda GL500. It was the CX500 with a mono-rear shock, rigged up to tour and styled like the Gold Wings of that era.

Now, it's a fully-roadable bike. Well balanced, if a bit ponderous (520 pounds) and enough power to break 90. Torque like a tractor engine. And, with the Vetter-inspired fairing, QUIET. But...riding it in town is a PITA.

NOT so the little Z. That is SUCH a gas to whip around...literally like a bicycle. A powered bicycle. You don't drive it, you wear it.

Of all my bike purchases, this one has to be one of the best calls...I'm getting older and thinking about what the future holds; but even in advanced years, I should be able to throw a leg off this micro-cafe.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Nope, got you by 10 years. Just turned 57 yesterday. LOL

1 - 20 of 92 Posts