Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the kit but used the thinnest base gasket(got greedy) in the kit so now i have to take it all back apart and use the 1.5mm gasket to drop the compression down enough to be able to start it with the starter since the starter cant turn it over and i have a massive cam with no decomp. So if u run this kit dont use the thinnest one in the pack thankfully the kit i have has a assortment of base gaskets to choose from so im not out anything but time. I did get the bike started by pop starting it and even that was a challenge but i rode it home and it ran like crap since i didnt map it yet. I did grab a handful of throttle real quick and it took off but let off so i dont hurt anything.

All and all the kit shows promise. reliability i dont know yet only time will tell. Another member on here says a bigger injector is gonna be needed since he has maxxed the stock unit out on a similar setup. Once i get this compression issue sorted out and its tuned im going to start working on a secondary injector setup to supply the extra fuel.

but here is a couple pics from today the case bore wasn't too bad either. ill post an update tomorrow on how things went since i have work in the am.

Attachments

Registered
...Another member on here says a bigger injector is gonna be needed since he has maxxed the stock unit out on a similar set up. Once i get this compression issue sorted out and its tuned im going to start working on a secondary injector setup to supply the extra fuel.
From my limited looking around it seems like the injectors from the W800 would go pretty close to fitting. Might be worth checking.

Looking forward to how you get on with the build.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Update.
Well i ended up taking the kit off and going back to the 143cc kit. My kit had some mean piston slap that i didn't like. But then it might just b a fluke. Did a tune and was happy with it power wise pulled hard up till about 7k then it leaned out but i aint giving up yet going to see about a custom piston

This kit says its 10.0:1 but when i did the math it was in the 13:1 area i had the piston modded to have no dome and that dropped it down enough to be able to start easier since i have no decomp.

All and all i hope when they redo the kit and they account for such high compression and make adjustments where needed. But if u have a dcr cam or stock i think this kit could be utilized

Registered
Case boring

Hi there, can you let us know how you went about the case boring - does the whole crankcase need to be split so you don't get swarf all through it?

From the pictures it almost looks like you can just grind it down with out removing the whole thing and maybe just shove a rag in there to stop bits of steel going everywhere?

What did you use to bore it out?

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Hi there, can you let us know how you went about the case boring - does the whole crankcase need to be split so you don't get swarf all through it?

From the pictures it almost looks like you can just grind it down with out removing the whole thing and maybe just shove a rag in there to stop bits of steel going everywhere?

What did you use to bore it out?
i just used a die grinder with an aluminum fluted bit and just took my time. you have to pack the case with paper towls or whatever u can find to keep as much dust out as possible and a friend holding a vaccume cleaner helps allot too.u are only boring into the case like maybe a 1/4 inch and maing the hole 3mm larger

1 - 7 of 7 Posts