Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the clutch bypass switch in for a couple years now and now it won’t start in gear anymore with the clutch pulled in any ideas on what the issue would be. I tried jumping the connectors with a new wire and it didn’t work either.

·
Super Moderator
1,972 Posts
Could run these checks but never figured it out yet.

Do You have a US Model ECU

55 ECU RECALL - Copy.JPG

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could run these checks but never figured it out yet.

Do You have a US Model ECU

View attachment 26420
I would have to check, mine is a 2018 I thought the 2017 had all the ecu recalls

·
Super Moderator
1,972 Posts
2018's were also on the recall, but that shouldn't be it if it was working !
Asking because the couple with your same issue have Non-US ECU bikes.
But again yours was working :unsure:
Refresh/check the jump wire at kickstand connector
Just looking at other maybes now ?
If you can check battery volts with key on would be great
(Other thread said wasn’t getting voltage on either pin ) (Check for .7 - .8 volts with key on )
If no volt meter you can jump battery from car to test if its a low volts issue if that even comes into play.

Let us know if you find the issue so we can help the next member ;)

·
Super Moderator
380 Posts
I hadn't considered the ECU recall. Good catch. I'm curious to see how this turns out. Please let us know once you find the issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2018's were also on the recall, but that shouldn't be it if it was working !
Asking because the couple with your same issue have Non-US ECU bikes.
But again yours was working :unsure:
Refresh/check the jump wire at kickstand connector
Just looking at other maybes now ?
If you can check battery volts with key on would be great
(Other thread said wasn’t getting voltage on either pin ) (Check for .7 - .8 volts with key on )
If no volt meter you can jump battery from car to test if its a low volts issue if that even comes into play.

Let us know if you find the issue so we can help the next member ;)
Pulled the kickstand bypass and I’m getting 1.488 on the meter but the clutch is getting no reading

·
Super Moderator
1,972 Posts
This is my ecu number
Let me do so more testing on my by-pass .
I like your issue because it was working, then stopped
Going out now to thrash test my new longer travel rear end mod, so will get back tonight !

And your ECU is the recalled replacement

ECU #'s.JPG

·
Super Moderator
1,972 Posts
Pulled the kickstand bypass and I’m getting 1.488 on the meter but the clutch is getting no reading
just found out the the voltage at the blue/purple wire go's to battery volts when put in gear. didn't try that last time. and wouldn't have guessed it ?

But you should have with key on and in neutral the ,7 with + probe at blue/purple wire and - at other side or ground to frame

And you should also have 11.5V or so when '' in gear'' and + is in blue/purple wire and - on other side or ground to frame

If grounding to frame works, and using other side of connector does not its not leading to a good ground (probably in ECU)

Same gos for If you don't have 11.5V at blue/purple wire then its not getting the 12v power source.

We didnt rule out your battery Volt reading yet, so....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just found out the the voltage at the blue/purple wire go's to battery volts when put in gear. didn't try that last time. and wouldn't have guessed it ?

But you should have with key on and in neutral the ,7 with + probe at blue/purple wire and - at other side or ground to frame

And you should also have 11.5V or so when '' in gear'' and + is in blue/purple wire and - on other side or ground to frame

If grounding to frame works, and using other side of connector does not its not leading to a good ground (probably in ECU)

Same gos for If you don't have 11.5V at blue/purple wire then its not getting the 12v power source.

We didnt rule out your battery Volt reading yet, so....

i wonder if putting my aracer on will fix the issue im waiting for it to come in the mail along with the wideband afi

·
Super Moderator
380 Posts
i wonder if putting my aracer on will fix the issue im waiting for it to come in the mail along with the wideband afi
Doubt it but it's not impossible. I'd guess there's a wire chafed, broken, shorted, or something like that.

I'd check my clutch but right now my Z125 is in quite a few pieces. Could anyone else confirm voltage reading on the clutch switch pins? Zero sounds strange.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts