Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my Z less than 3 months ago. Just passed the 1000 mile mark this weekend. Never had one issue or hiccup. Last night I got gas and drove home exhaust sounded a little funny to me. Looked everything over all looked good. Tonight went for a little drive with my son. Everything sounded good and accelerating was good. Came to a light and the check engine light came on. Went to get on the gas and couldn't go more the 5 mph and it was bronking like a horse. Pulled over before I got ran over. Turned it off looked at all the wiring and power commander. Started it light still on still sounded funny but was able to drive home at normal speeds. 1st 2nd gear feel pretty normal now 3rd which was my best is slow as **** along with 4th. Any idea of what the **** is going on. Never rode it rough. It has power commander set up for chimera intake and yoshimura.

Bad gas/spark plug fuel controller???

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you haven't done this yet, next time it goes into this "mode", try opening the gas tank. It sounds to me like your gas tank might not be getting air.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I disconnected the battery and opend the gas tank and unplugged the power commander. Put it all back fired it up. There is a pssst sound when you get on the gas right when u let off. I just drove it doing 55 plus for 20 miles seems to be running good again. Even hit 67mph before brapppp off the limiter. But check engine light is still on. Should I still be concerned will the light go out at some point or you think I still have a big issue. I plan to burn out all this bad gas I think it's bad gas and change gas filter and put in new plug. I also put sea foam in it before leaving the house.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Unless there is an undiscovered issue, the check engine light should go out after riding it a bit. Just remember for now, if it does the original issue again, open the gas tank and see if it instantly goes away or not. If it does, your gas tank vent is probably plugged.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts