Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new to the forum and am wondering if there is any place in the Bay area(although I prefer sf) where i can get my motorcycle serviced besides SF Moto. I feel like Sf Moto overcharges for everything which is fine I understand they are a business. I took my bike to get it serviced two weeks ago however and my bike is still waiting for "a part" to be delivered. No communication from them I have to call to ask on the status. Im thinking of just picking up my bike and taking it to another shop that isn't a ripoff. any suggestions? Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you don't get any answers here, find a local motorcycle group. They can usually steer you towards a good mechanic that won't rip you off. I suspect there are many options you can go in that area. Reddit is always good for finding that kind of thing too if you can find a local group on there.

·
Registered
69 Posts
What exactly are you looking to get done??? Oil & filter changes as well as valve adjustment on these are extremely easy.

Order oil & filter off Amazon and do them yourself. Or, if you'd like, I live right across the bay & can help you out if you wanna come down.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hello I am new to the forum and am wondering if there is any place in the Bay area(although I prefer sf) where i can get my motorcycle serviced besides SF Moto. I feel like Sf Moto overcharges for everything which is fine I understand they are a business. I took my bike to get it serviced two weeks ago however and my bike is still waiting for "a part" to be delivered. No communication from them I have to call to ask on the status. Im thinking of just picking up my bike and taking it to another shop that isn't a ripoff. any suggestions? Thanks in advanced
Hello we have a shop in the SF bay area. We are called smash garage. We have a Instagram page "@smashgarage" on there you can set up an appointment and we can take care of you. We are a full service shop and we do everything from oil changes to big bore installs,TURBO, paint custome exhaust etc. Thanks man. Let them know "Julio reyes" told you about them so you can get first in line service.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
What exactly are you looking to get done??? Oil & filter changes as well as valve adjustment on these are extremely easy.

Order oil & filter off Amazon and do them yourself. Or, if you'd like, I live right across the bay & can help you out if you wanna come down.
Extremely easy, yes.

MOREOVER. Many Kaw dealers have not even worked on one of these, before. So...you can learn yourself or you can pay for the junior mechanic's lessons - and maybe he'll get it right and maybe not.

When I got mine, the crankcase was overfilled. Apparently whoever prepped it, was using the Honda method with the dipstick - just put it in the hole, without screwing it down. The Kawasaki owner's manual makes plain: SCREW IT IN. As well, he may have been checking on the side-stand - with the thing held upright, oil was coming out the fill hole.

I corrected that fast, with 150 miles on it (don't ask why I waited so long). Probably some damage from overfilling...but it is what it is.

Here, I learned how to get the oil filter out. A pain, removing the plastic chin; but a piece of cake once you know what to look for.

So, in addition to the low price on this unit...my first maintenance cost me a grand total of $20 and 90 minutes time. I couldn't have dropped it off and picked it up, that fast.

Get a wrench, a book...and this helpful forum member here...and go forth and learn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts