Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have a YSS shock on my Yamaha R3. It is an excellent and cost effective improvement over the OEM shock, with very EASY preload adjustment and VERY, VERY easy rebound adjustment. I cannot compare it to an Ohlins shock because the YSS is the ONLY aftermarket shock I have bought, but like you, I could not rationalize the cost of the Ohlins shock.

I will say though that the Ohlins shock for the Z125 is, in the rarified pricing world of Ohlins and other highend shocks, a relative "bargain" at the $475 or $495 the vendors ask for it, as an Ohlins shock for my R3 would have been $775 US.

Jim G

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you just want a good street shock then the YSS should be a great improvement over stock. It's like buying a Zoom exhaust. They are cheaper and work but the quality just isn't up to the name brand offerings. This is a fun little toy for me and I do like to take it to the kart track so I went with the ohlins. That is just me though. I would rather only buy a part once and be done with it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that. I'm not tracking this thing like you said just a toy... and lol I just bought a zoom so maybe this will be a good fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts