Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Messing around with my go pro mounting it on the bike to get some cool action shots of everything moving

This way you can hear how the exhausts sounds, with what limited bass the camera can take in from different angles

I do have a remote mic on the way in hopes of eliminating all wind noise
but for now it sounds pretty good on video with the internal mic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mftR270o2BQ

oh I decided to use the silencer insert, I can ride for hours now and not blow out my right ear
and still sound decent I think

·
Registered
92 Posts
Messing around with my go pro mounting it on the bike to get some cool action shots of everything moving

This way you can hear how the exhausts sounds, with what limited bass the camera can take in from different angles

oh I decided to use the silencer insert, I can ride for hours now and not blow out my right ear
Thanks for sharing this, Zmike! Sounds kick ***!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts

Mike, I was just checking out your Yosh sound clip video again. Where did you get that cool riding vest? Did it come the patches already on it??

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its an icon motorcycle vest should be able to find it at most motorcycle stores
does not come with any patches on it

·
Registered
440 Posts
That's quite the different way to see the Z with the Yoshi exhaust on it. You always just see someone either revving it or helmet cam style. Thanks for giving us the different views !

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's quite the different way to see the Z with the Yoshi exhaust on it. You always just see someone either revving it or helmet cam style. Thanks for giving us the different views !
thanks
I have many mounts and like to try to get crazy angles

if the bike was clutchless I would of also used a pole camera for some cool shots
but its just to hard to manage a pole and use a clutch at the same time safely

I also got a wired microphone working now on my camera I can get better sounds now without any wind noise
I put the mic under my jacket near the exhaust or I can place right at the exhaust
sounds pretty good did one video until I ruined the lens on my camera

·
Registered
440 Posts
thanks
I have many mounts and like to try to get crazy angles

if the bike was clutchless I would of also used a pole camera for some cool shots
but its just to hard to manage a pole and use a clutch at the same time safely

I also got a wired microphone working now on my camera I can get better sounds now without any wind noise
I put the mic under my jacket near the exhaust or I can place right at the exhaust
sounds pretty good did one video until I ruined the lens on my camera
Nice, ever think of using those stuffed rabbit microphone cover things ?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice, ever think of using those stuffed rabbit microphone cover things ?
actually yes
I ordered this one promising brand from england for a hd drift camera I used to use, dead rabbit or some weird name
they claimed to ship, never came. they claimed to resend it, never came so I gave up on them

that camera had horrible wind noise for a helmet cam

for the go pro
tried some on eBay from china looked like skunk fur, but the sticky tape lasts a couple weeks before falling off
did work a little, but they had barely any tape supplied and I think you still get some sound sneaking in

so I gave up on those too

the wired mic is promising, but make a long story short the china go pro case I used, drilled hole in the side to fit the wired mic because it uses a huge usb cable adapter actually vibrated my lens and ruined the camera lens. I think the case was too close and both lens's rubbed.

Thankfully I just got the camera replaced but won't ever use a non go pro case. So until I pony up the fortune for a cut case I won't be able to try it yet

1 - 9 of 9 Posts