Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty crazy. Was just riding along and all of a sudden things got a little loud and ******* sounding. HAHA Luckily Yoshimura is processing my warranty now.

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
So you're saying it just broke for an unknown reason?

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Thats quite a design flaw for a yosh pipe .
Without getting long winded (a first ! ) :rolleyes:
I'm thinking the tab was not a good fit to the muffler bracket. That created a stress riser at the weld joint. (cant see other side ?) It broke right at the end of the bracket weld ?
just to avoid another cracked pipe and frustration, Its a simple check to see if it is a bracket tab alignment issue on your new pipe.
See Pic / not being able to mount one and see it, touch it, feel it ,,, if it takes more than one finger to pull it into alignment to the head I'd send it back , and would look for another brand myself...
Or I have other suggestions "if its off'' and your dead set on the yosh.
Just a heads up , and my .02

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Can I have 2 guesses ?
Just watched the install video and they have the 2nd exhaust pipe bracket going behind the foot peg plate ? ... At 7.00 minutes in
your pic looks like you got it on the outside ?
But it depends who did right ?
that would also create a lot of stress on where it broke ! .
And makes it a assembly flaw instead of a MFG flaw. (sorry) but you'd want to know right ?
http://www.z125owners.com/forum/kaw...termarket-accessories-install.html#post111394

Attachments

·
Registered
585 Posts
Yeah... That's kinda what I was getting at with "poor fit up". If it didn't fit well it was probably installed wrong and under serious stress. There is really no reason for the exhaust to break like that otherwise. Edit: Unless you are taking jumps and case the bike on a double. Bahahah.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
When we installed the exhaust I noticed that the tab was mounted on the inside of the foot peg (as it was on my last z125) but it created more stress to mount on the inside and called the WPS and Yoshimura rep for the shop I worked at and they instructed to mount on the outside which I thought I was odd. But it mounted with no stress and it never went across any rough terrain outside of low-speed speed bumps in neighborhoods.

Edit: Will update once I hear back from Yosh today.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can I have 2 guesses ?
Just watched the install video and they have the 2nd exhaust pipe bracket going behind the foot peg plate ? ... At 7.00 minutes in
your pic looks like you got it on the outside ?
But it depends who did right ?
that would also create a lot of stress on where it broke ! .
And makes it a assembly flaw instead of a MFG flaw. (sorry) but you'd want to know right ?
http://www.z125owners.com/forum/kaw...termarket-accessories-install.html#post111394

I too believe that is what it is going to come down to. I think the reason the warranty is being entertained is our rep helping out and the advice to mount on the outside of the bracket being insisted by a Yosh employee with a case # on file. But either way it'll be back on the road soon.

·
Registered
330 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Good info for this newb! I should be installing mine tomorrow :) Thanks Guys

1 - 13 of 13 Posts