Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Now you can have the best of both worlds because Yoshimura has come out with a “Race Series” exhaust system and a fender elimination kit for the Z125 Pro.

For the price of $499.00, you’ll be getting a diamond sleeve and stainless steel cone end-cap, steel header and tail-pipe. Dubbed the ‘RS-2 Mini’, it will feature Yoshimura’s Works Finish, a media blast finish for stainless steel exhausts that changes to a satin/matte finish after going through a heat cycle on your motorcycle. Besides giving the exhaust a snazzy color, the finish also increases its fatigue strength and scratch/stain resistance. Also, the RS-2 Mini is 3 pounds lighter than the stock underslung exhaust.

With the Yoshi exhaust system, you will be seeing a 6% peak torque gain and it is going to pull from lower down in its rev range. Compared to the stock exhaust, the Yoshi Z125 will have 5% more horsepower.

Do note that the race series exhaust is for closed course competition use only, not for general street riding. Maybe Yoshimura will release a Z125 street exhaust at a later date but for now, you may want to hold on to your stock exhaust.

Then there’s the $129.95 fender eliminator kit which you can pair with aftermarket turn signals so long as you get the Yoshimura Universal Turn Signal Bracket Kit for $15.95. In the fender kit you’ll receive a laser-cut stainless steel bracket, black CNC machined light housing with four LED lights and Yoshimura logo, aluminum license plate frame and all the needed stainless steel hardware.

Here’s a link to their Kawasaki Z125 Pro page for anyone interested: Kawasaki Z125 PRO 2017 Exhaust Systems and Genuine Accessories

·
Registered
290 Posts
The exhaust is probably going to sound like a beast if it's for closed course use only, the decibel or emissions output may not comply with local laws
Guaranteed to be LOUD! I'm not sure why Yosh doesn't make a removable baffle/dB killer for their exhausts. They could sell it as an option. You might be able to find an aftermarket universal baffle that fits, though.

If Kawasaki does a deal with Yosh to make a Signature Series exhaust for the Z125, like Yamaha did with them for the YZF-R3, it will be street legal and just a bit louder/throatier than stock.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Would be great if Yoshimura came out with a Signature Series exhaust for the Z125, something more affordable than the Race series kit. Has Kawasaki every partnered up with Yoshi for a signature exhaust?
They've made them for their KX series bikes and several others including Ninja 1000 and 300, etc.

Yoshimura R&D

·
Registered
90 Posts
It's good that theres an option in the marketplace but it still looks so generic. I'll always prefer custom to do my own thing - just gotta trade off the sound engineering and take a risk on the tone! :p

·
Registered
90 Posts
I love the look of it except for that cheap looking anodised mount! Anything red/blue/green anodised looks like its a 2 dollar piece from China to me. Not only that but the colour is a pain if you've got a bike that really doesnt suit it - gotta' remove it and get it redone to match. I'd love to hear this one in person though!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Has anyone tried to drill and tap the stock o2 bung I really hate to have someone weld one on my brand new exhaust and mess it up and I plan on using the autotune

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.