Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Now you can have the best of both worlds because Yoshimura has come out with a “Race Series” exhaust system and a fender elimination kit for the Z125 Pro.

For the price of $499.00, you’ll be getting a diamond sleeve and stainless steel cone end-cap, steel header and tail-pipe. Dubbed the ‘RS-2 Mini’, it will feature Yoshimura’s Works Finish, a media blast finish for stainless steel exhausts that changes to a satin/matte finish after going through a heat cycle on your motorcycle. Besides giving the exhaust a snazzy color, the finish also increases its fatigue strength and scratch/stain resistance. Also, the RS-2 Mini is 3 pounds lighter than the stock underslung exhaust.

With the Yoshi exhaust system, you will be seeing a 6% peak torque gain and it is going to pull from lower down in its rev range. Compared to the stock exhaust, the Yoshi Z125 will have 5% more horsepower.

Do note that the race series exhaust is for closed course competition use only, not for general street riding. Maybe Yoshimura will release a Z125 street exhaust at a later date but for now, you may want to hold on to your stock exhaust.

Then there’s the $129.95 fender eliminator kit which you can pair with aftermarket turn signals so long as you get the Yoshimura Universal Turn Signal Bracket Kit for $15.95. In the fender kit you’ll receive a laser-cut stainless steel bracket, black CNC machined light housing with four LED lights and Yoshimura logo, aluminum license plate frame and all the needed stainless steel hardware.

Here’s a link to their Kawasaki Z125 Pro page for anyone interested: Kawasaki Z125 PRO 2017 Exhaust Systems and Genuine Accessories

·
Registered
119 Posts
The exhaust is probably going to sound like a beast if it's for closed course use only, the decibel or emissions output may not comply with local laws

·
Registered
290 Posts
The exhaust is probably going to sound like a beast if it's for closed course use only, the decibel or emissions output may not comply with local laws
Guaranteed to be LOUD! I'm not sure why Yosh doesn't make a removable baffle/dB killer for their exhausts. They could sell it as an option. You might be able to find an aftermarket universal baffle that fits, though.

If Kawasaki does a deal with Yosh to make a Signature Series exhaust for the Z125, like Yamaha did with them for the YZF-R3, it will be street legal and just a bit louder/throatier than stock.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Would be great if Yoshimura came out with a Signature Series exhaust for the Z125, something more affordable than the Race series kit. Has Kawasaki every partnered up with Yoshi for a signature exhaust?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Would be great if Yoshimura came out with a Signature Series exhaust for the Z125, something more affordable than the Race series kit. Has Kawasaki every partnered up with Yoshi for a signature exhaust?
They've made them for their KX series bikes and several others including Ninja 1000 and 300, etc.

Yoshimura R&D

·
Registered
90 Posts
It's good that theres an option in the marketplace but it still looks so generic. I'll always prefer custom to do my own thing - just gotta trade off the sound engineering and take a risk on the tone! :p

·
Registered
90 Posts
I love the look of it except for that cheap looking anodised mount! Anything red/blue/green anodised looks like its a 2 dollar piece from China to me. Not only that but the colour is a pain if you've got a bike that really doesnt suit it - gotta' remove it and get it redone to match. I'd love to hear this one in person though!

·
Registered
7 Posts
After dynoing the new exhaust it lost .3 hp's from stock.

With a yosh exhaust, intake and power commander we gained only .3 hp over stock(8.8hp). We're still on the hurt to find the missing hp's. The grom with the same mods yielded 10.8 hp.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Anyone else have Dyno numbers on this exhaust? Don't really want to spend $400+ just for a better look and sound as my Z is going to be doing a lot of Mini GP racing.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Um... they ship with a db silencer insert. Did you not get one with yours? Generally you will need a rubber mallet to hammer it in,

·
Registered
42 Posts
Has anyone tried to drill and tap the stock o2 bung I really hate to have someone weld one on my brand new exhaust and mess it up and I plan on using the autotune

1 - 18 of 18 Posts