Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title says, what have people been getting mileage wise with the 143 kit? i saw one video on youtube the guy mentioned that it was really heavy gas usage compared to stock.

i plan to do the 143 kit at some point but it may depend on gas usage

·
Registered
42 Posts
I did some digging in the forum and found this: A member named Zmike125 said:

"did first mpg test with my big bore
calculates out to 73.08 mpg
thats a little less then my other posts which was 85-88 mpg on stock engine size"

Wanted to get that here for quicker reference.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I get about 220k's for 6.5l of fuel. You will need to convert that miles and gallons though. Consumption may also differ as I use 98 octane, from what I understand most fuel in the US is under 90 octane.

HTH

·
Registered
818 Posts
Lol.... 73 MPG is about what I get out of my stock bore.... It's a toy. If it costs me an extra nickle to fill it up. Meh.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I’ll be honest, I never cared enough about fuel mileage before or after the 143kit. Even when on a track, the milage is superb.

·
Registered
917 Posts
+1

I typically obsessively track fuel milage. I like to have data regarding changes made to a vehicle, fuel grade differences, tire differences, ambient temp differences, and a red flag for a poorly running engine.

...But now that I have a second Z... I'm running pretty short on f*&#s to give. I might just write "pretty dang good" in the log and move on with my life.

Plus, not tracking fuel allows me to fill up the bikes from a can at home instead of riding to a station to dispense (and record) 1.5ga of fuel. I'm not going to own a more convenient or efficient vehicle until combustion engines are banned.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Getting a consistent 110 MPG with mine. Running the next size larger tires and a 16/32 gear set. Also have a Hoedar ecu that is set to run around 15.5 to 16.0 AFR at cruise conditions. Also a small windscreen to make it a bit more slippery lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts