Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What did you do you prepare your little z for the Midwest winter? Anyone drive theirs year-round?

I cleaned and lubed the chain, inflated the tires to spec, covered the exhaust, added fuel stabilizer with full tank, and wiped down with WD-40

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just did mine here in St Louis.
It lives in a detached unheated garage.
I drained out the old gas, and re-filled with 93 octane Quick Trip gas treated with Lucas ethonal treatment.
Ran the motor at idle with a fan blowing on it for 10 minutes.
And I took the battery inside the house.
Next spring, I'll siphon out that gas, and put in fresh, and hopefully, it will be trouble free riding like this year.

·
Super Moderator
412 Posts
Just came across this during a "winterization" break. It's very repetitive, but I'm in the process of winterizing as we speak. Rear tire complete.

Yes, I'll be riding it year round.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just came across this during a "winterization" break. It's very repetitive, but I'm in the process of winterizing as we speak. Rear tire complete.

Yes, I'll be riding it year round.
Nice, the Public Works road department must love that.:grin2:
I just use rivets a rim liner and a tube.
Those rivets sharpen up nicely within minutes on clear asphalt.

·
Super Moderator
412 Posts
These disappear pretty quick on Asphalt. This isn't for transportation or anything practical. Just to screw around so the wheelies don't get too rusty over the winter.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I live in central IL have an attached garage but not heated, stays well above freezing. I have put stabil in my last tank not knowing how long the gas will be in there and intend to ride when the weather allows throughout the year. I haven't rode for 2 weeks now and will most likely put it on a trickle charger this weekend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts