Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, thanks to steady garage (and some free grips i guess?) my winter project has begun... here is a quick opening shot...will post more as time allows.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, the mad scientist has begun... I have to thank TST industries for the inspiration of this project with their seriously sick integrated tail light, and also G-craft... because....well...you will see... haha...

here is a early teaser pic... long ways to go and lots of fairing massaging to get the fit and dimensions right but go ahead and drool!

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, quick update. most of the hacking and repositioning of abs is done, now gotta do some custom tank work, some fiberglass, and get a few more parts but she is coming along nicely!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Getting closer...gotta finish the little bit of bodywork, tank and seat, mount up the tail light and a few other little finishing touches and then its time for the paint booth!

·
Registered
16 Posts
That looks awesome. Where'd you get the fairings? Is that one of the kits for the grom?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That looks awesome. Where'd you get the fairings? Is that one of the kits for the grom?
actually I used real panigale fairings (aftermarket) and cut them down and resized them to fit and have been bonding them and fiber-glassing on the back side for strength.

and for the other question...its probably gonna get some paint and stickers.... and a few more tidbits for closer authenticity lol I just want to be able to have my little work ride back together again now though!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So close to finished! Did a quick plasti-dip paint job just to get an idea of color....The tank is just rough fiberglass so I need to do some finishing work to that, and I need to finish making my seat...
I had it out for a shakedown run today and rode it to work... I miss riding this little guy! Not sure if I want to drop the $2500 or not for the single sided swing arm, $460 for an ohlins shock, and $500 for the werks exhaust....so much money, and I would still need to do brakes, tires, and front
springs. yeesh.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts