Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I have been doing some searching here and on Google and can't say I have seen much to choose from
for a windshield. I am not looking for a big tombstone style, maybe just a bit bigger than a fly screen.
Find it easier to wash the bugs off a small screen instead of the speedo, gauges, etc.
Plus a little bit better aerodynamics helps lessen fatigue for a old fart like me.
There is one on E Bay with a choice of clear or dark tint for about $60 Cdn/ $45 US that has caught my eye.
Anyone have knowledge of other choices that don't cost 10% the price of the whole bike?
Like the name brand aftermarket exhausts, I don't need to get the big sticker items......yet!
So I may just try and maybe regret purchasing these Chinese versions.
For about $150 shipped a full exhaust systems as well from E Bay and hope it doesn't melt off.:grin2:

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hey Rick! It honestly sounds like you have answered your own questions.

Buy an ebay knock off exhaust and hope it doesn't sound like a bag of farts/fall apart. Or a better bet might be finding a road rashed big name and cleaning it up. The middle ground has the less expensive, not knockoff Procircuit and Zoom exhausts. The PC has a questionable mounting scheme and the Zoom is going to wake the dead, other than that people are pleased with them.

Fly screen is the answer in my mind. I've seen a couple kicking around here with happy owners. You have owned more bikes than I have but I've found that small screens are usually a bitter compromise. I prefer to have smooth air hitting me in the chest than turbulent, concentrated air hitting me in the collar or helmet. Getting the air up and over your head is out of the question without ruining the visual of the bike. This isn't 80mph wind we are talking about here either.

Best of luck, let us know what you try out and if you like it!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ando,
Thanks for the info, the ZooM looks like a very similar Chinese model on E Bay, but more money.
The 402 Innovations seems to be the new kid on the block, with what appears to be a decent build
and priced reasonable with the current coupon.
As for the windscreen, I ordered the one I mentioned from China, and will see what I get for the money,
probably arrive in January. 😳

I am just not sure if want the Chinese exhaust, although not mechanical, the quality is usually in
question with their products sometimes.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Ando,

. . .

As for the windscreen, I ordered the one I mentioned from China, and will see what I get for the money,
probably arrive in January. 😳

. . .
I have been pleasantly surprised at how quickly my chinese orders have been arriving. usually just a week to 10 days, and in once case, 6 days.

Jim G

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been pleasantly surprised at how quickly my chinese orders have been arriving. usually just a week to 10 days, and in once case, 6 days.

Jim G
That's because your island is closer to China than anyone else in Canada.:grin2:

·
Registered
464 Posts
That's because your island is closer to China than anyone else in Canada.:grin2:
That's true. We also have more rich Chinese immigrants than anywhere else in Canada. (In fact, they have been buying up so much property here that we recently put a special punitive tax of 15% on such purchases to discourage the practice, because they are outbidding our own citizens and raising the median prices too much too fast! (NOT kidding when I say this). So, I guess there is probably a well established mailstream between China and Vancouver Island. :)

Jim G

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's true. We also have more rich Chinese immigrants than anywhere else in Canada. (In fact, they have been buying up so much property here that we recently put a special punitive tax of 15% on such purchases to discourage the practice, because they are outbidding our own citizens and raising the median prices too much too fast! (NOT kidding when I say this). So, I guess there is probably a well established mailstream between China and Vancouver Island. :)

Jim G
Hence the nickname,
Hongcouver.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I’ve put some of those exhausts on my Groms from Thailand (IXIL I think it was) it was good quality, sounded good and didn’t fall apart. I think I paid $120 for each + shipping, I got some other goodies as well so shipping wasn’t that bad. Overall was very happy for the price. Over there they sell that stuff by the hundreds, the 125’s are super popular and all over the place so they make a lot of stuff. Now was it the quality of my Two Brothers Tarmac carbon fiber exhaust, no not quite but that also cost 4x the amount. There is no doubt a quality difference but that doesn’t mean it’s sub standard by any means.

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Some are for SHOW and some are for GO ...
I think most the Chinese Versions don't have any designed performance in there exhaust, Just like you or me just making a exhaust will fit and look zoomy. The research and development required to make a exhaust for maximum performance is substantial
And thinking most the Name Brand exhausts do the time and development to achieve this
Most here looking for every bit of horsepower out of the Z' should probably go with the Name Brands for that reason
Most here looking for just more VaRoom (myself included) the china brands are just fine, And I'm seeing the same amount of problems with cracking and breaking on both Name Brand and Chinese Versions
Just my .02 / And why I used the word "MOST" a lot

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have been using a MAIER universal fit windshield. Use it on my CRF250L, the DRZ440SM, and also on the Z125... works great for keeping the wind off me in the colder weather.... not a bad option if you can still find them....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts