Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went ahead and ordered a set of Kenda KD1 Kwicks - 120/70-12 for the front and 130/70-12 for the rear based off the widest tires Kaw'ee listed here:

I did some (sloppy) measurements of the space in the front and rear fenders, paying special attention to the location of the chain in the rear. It looks like, based off the dimensions listed, that there will either be significant rubbing at best and possibly big fitment issues at worst... especially with regards to the chain.

Should I be worried and return the tires or have other people mounted the same size rubbers and had no issues to report? I wanted to move to wider tires to make the bike a little less twitchy. I don't care about a slight loss in top speed or acceleration. I'd rather have a stable bike at the speeds I ride in but I don't want to risk major issues.

·
Super Moderator
1,972 Posts
Yes, They will fit
If you remember what thread you got that chart from I will go updated.
I searched around and could not find it ?

Your measurements might be misleading if you haven't verified the swing arm adjustment notches side to side. There all off a little that makes a difference to alignment to the counter sprocket. And difference determining tire to chain clearance

Here's a more recent chart with limits, and MNNTHBX confirms

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, They will fit
If you remember what thread you got that chart from I will go updated.
I searched around and could not find it ?
God, I was all over the forum trying to find measurements so I can't, for the life of me, remember where I found that initial chart.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts