Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found it hard to decide what color I was going to go with. When I walked in, I saw an orange (maybe 2019) sitting on the showroom floor, and to be honest I didn’t love it. Salesman told me that they had a few in the back, so we went to the back stockroom and he proceeded to uncrate the 3 2020 Zs he had in the back.

The first was gloss grey. MUCH better than the orange. Thought about it for a minute but wanted to see what else was in store. The next was gloss white. I think it maybe had a little pearl sheen to it. It was quite clean. When I think Kawi I don’t think white, but this one looked really pretty. I almost made my mind up then and there (I have a white Tacoma and it would have matched it so well when I would have needed to toss it up in the bed.) but the salesman said “Let’s look a this last one, just to see what it is.”

The final crate was opened and I saw something darker, more matte, something maybe even a bit “Mysterious”. I got excited to see what it would look like when we were to roll it out into the sunlight. As soon as we did, I KNEW that this was the color for me, Mysterious Grey! The matte finish was right up my alley, as I usually prefer matte finish things anytime there’s an option. MG has a bit of a ‘flip flop’ effect. While it’s a dark grey color, it reflects shades of green, purple, and maybe even a bit of orange if the light hits certain angles just right! It also picked up shades in the paint from other bikes sitting around as we wheeled it out to the sunshine. That was the ONE, I had to have it! Bought it that day, returned to the dealership after they built it up and charged the battery, and zipped away on my first new Kawasaki. I couldn’t be happier.

To this day, I get looks, smiles, and questions every time I take her out. She’s a real head turner, no doubt!

I recently bought some Stellar Blue Plasti Dip that truly flip flops from deep blue to purple, and I really want to try it out on the plastics. Best part is that if I screw up I can just peel it off. No harm, no fout, but I digress...

So to bring it back around, why did YOU go with the color you ride? There’s no wrong answers, and they definitely don’t need to be as long winded as the OP. What do you like about all the colors? Are there any that would be a straight deal breaker? Lets talk COLOR!

·
Registered
759 Posts
I had a 2018 in grey. I didn't care for the color (or lack of color), but the price was right.
I've always had a thing for orange... When I totalled my 2018, I walked into a dealer with a check and bought a brand new 2019 in orange... Even had an orange cast on my broken arm. I could have saved a couple Benjamins if I wanted the 2018 in Red, but I loved the orange.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I bought green because in 2017 red wasn't invented yet.

But my race leathers are red and I look like Christmas at the racetrack, So I swapped out my green plastics for red. Plastics for this bike aren't expensive and after I sold my old plastics it hardly cost anything. Now I have the fastest color - red.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've always loved the crimson red color so went with the candy red on the 2018 but get plenty of crap about it for it not being a Honda since everyone is always so quick to say: "That's a Honda color and that's not a Honda." - I would have preferred a light metallic blue but that's ok, I got the best of both with the red an then painted the inner covers the metallic blue anyway.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Red is my color, and lo and behold, the 18 leftover on the showroom floor was red.

2/3 the price, count me in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found it hard to decide what color I was going to go with. When I walked in, I saw an orange (maybe 2019) sitting on the showroom floor, and to be honest I didn’t love it. Salesman told me that they had a few in the back, so we went to the back stockroom and he proceeded to uncrate the 3 2020 Zs he had in the back.

The first was gloss grey. MUCH better than the orange. Thought about it for a minute but wanted to see what else was in store. The next was gloss white. I think it maybe had a little pearl sheen to it. It was quite clean. When I think Kawi I don’t think white, but this one looked really pretty. I almost made my mind up then and there (I have a white Tacoma and it would have matched it so well when I would have needed to toss it up in the bed.) but the salesman said “Let’s look a this last one, just to see what it is.”

The final crate was opened and I saw something darker, more matte, something maybe even a bit “Mysterious”. I got excited to see what it would look like when we were to roll it out into the sunlight. As soon as we did, I KNEW that this was the color for me, Mysterious Grey! The matte finish was right up my alley, as I usually prefer matte finish things anytime there’s an option. MG has a bit of a ‘flip flop’ effect. While it’s a dark grey color, it reflects shades of green, purple, and maybe even a bit of orange if the light hits certain angles just right! It also picked up shades in the paint from other bikes sitting around as we wheeled it out to the sunshine. That was the ONE, I had to have it! Bought it that day, returned to the dealership after they built it up and charged the battery, and zipped away on my first new Kawasaki. I couldn’t be happier.

To this day, I get looks, smiles, and questions every time I take her out. She’s a real head turner, no doubt!

I recently bought some Stellar Blue Plasti Dip that truly flip flops from deep blue to purple, and I really want to try it out on the plastics. Best part is that if I screw up I can just peel it off. No harm, no fout, but I digress...

So to bring it back around, why did YOU go with the color you ride? There’s no wrong answers, and they definitely don’t need to be as long winded as the OP. What do you like about all the colors? Are there any that would be a straight deal breaker? Lets talk COLOR!
Congrats on your new purchase! I got the same color Metallic Matte Mysterious Gray as well. That was the best color to me. Go to Kawasaki.com and register your bike. Go to promotions and you get a free custom graphic kit for your Z125 worth $130. I chose the H2 carbon Z125 pro. Good luck!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats on your new purchase! I got the same color Metallic Matte Mysterious Gray as well. That was the best color to me. Go to Kawasaki.com and register your bike. Go to promotions and you get a free custom graphic kit for your Z125 worth $130. I chose the H2 carbon Z125 pro. Good luck!
Thanks for the tip!

·
Super Moderator
211 Posts
I will agree with you @handamputation that the orange.............isn't my favorite by a long shot.

The grey reminds me too much of primer. Don't think I could buy one of those but it's still better than orange. ;)

Color I picked? Green. That was the only color that was available (other than the KRT) when they were first released. I have one of the first two Z125's to come to Alberta and I still remember what a treat it was to open the crate.

Definitely not hating it though. If I didn't like Kawi green I'd probably have to change my name. At the end of the day if I had a choice I'd choose the same. If it's putting a smile on your face it's doing it's job. Congrats!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had to keep consistant with my storm trooper (ish) themed fleat of toys. Im a huge netural fan, but I especially wanted to match my Z to my white GTI (white/black/red color scheme)

Fresh off the truck....

After a few weeks & close to a 2nd Z in parts later.... Couldnt be happier with every cent "invested" so far :p

By far, the fresh bars/controls made a world of difference, but my 3 favs have to be the sounds that come outta the MNTHBX intake, the Yoshi pipe, & ARacer Mini 5/AF1 combo. I love the looks on ppls faces when this thing lets out gunshots on decel with the closed throttle backfire on with decel fuel cut turned off. After the first time it spit flames I knew I will have this thing until the wheels fall off & have to buy new ones lol

·
Super Moderator
1,740 Posts
I bought mine specifically to turn it into a dirt & dual sport pit bike.
And just so people wouldn't notice it's really a street bike, :unsure: I had to go with KX Team Green :alien:

4-8-18 (12).JPG

1 - 19 of 19 Posts