Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I burned up the piston dude to running way too lean when I bought my Z used. Previous owner had exhaust, intake and kitaco high comp piston/cam combo on the bike but for some crazy reason didn't put a fuel programmer on it. Me being impatient and excited to ride, couldn't wait on mine to arrive and went out and rode the wheels of it, and she blew.

I decided I was going to build it the way I wanted since I had to tear it down already. I've dumped a bunch on cosmetics, controls, tires, ect...and lastly I decided to buy TB's full 143 kit with the race head. Question is, should I just swap and continue to run the Kitaco performance cam in the new head, or should I use the cam that came with the TB kit? I'm unsure of the difference and thought maybe someone would know.

·
Registered
81 Posts
So I burned up the piston dude to running way too lean when I bought my Z used. Previous owner had exhaust, intake and kitaco high comp piston/cam combo on the bike but for some crazy reason didn't put a fuel programmer on it. Me being impatient and excited to ride, couldn't wait on mine to arrive and went out and rode the wheels of it, and she blew.

I decided I was going to build it the way I wanted since I had to tear it down already. I've dumped a bunch on cosmetics, controls, tires, ect...and lastly I decided to buy TB's full 143 kit with the race head. Question is, should I just swap and continue to run the Kitaco performance cam in the new head, or should I use the cam that came with the TB kit? I'm unsure of the difference and thought maybe someone would know.
Keep the TB kit together. It was designed for all of the components to run together. I'm sure you can get a way with running the current cam you have.

If you can get the big bore kit for less money minus the cam? Use your old cam and use the saved money for a fuel tuner of some kind and you should be good.

·
Registered
163 Posts
You cannot swap cams between the stock Z125 head and a TB V2 Race head. They are completely different types and not interchangeable. Use all the parts that came with your TB big bore kit as they are designed to work together. And get a good base map for your size of big bore kit installed in your fuel controller before you ride it. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts