Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped mine off at the dealer for a week while I'm in Dallas and they called but I haven't had a chance to call back. It's there for the recall plus i mentioned the valves are really loud. He told me the first adjustment is at 7600 miles. �� I said I am not the only one noticing this. My pitbike motor is 4 years old and it finally needs it done. A tech from Kawasaki that he works well with said that it is not under warranty to adjust them but if the dealer felt they were too loud then Kawasaki would pay for it. Plus I have a squeak in the *** end of this thing. I'm thinking bearings and the Kawasaki tech even confined they are having a lot of complaints about bearings.

So in other words Kawasaki knows something about this. I only have 300 miles on mine. It starts just after a few minutes of riding and stays there till I park it. Gets louder too the longer I ride it.

Anyone else notice any squeaking in the *** end? I have heard of possible bearing noise up front. I haven't on mine yet.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The squeaking in the rear end is most likely the seat. It does it on mine and a few others I've seen. I can even hear it while riding. At least that's what I'd guess without seeing it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The squeaking in the rear end is most likely the seat. It does it on mine and a few others I've seen. I can even hear it while riding. At least that's what I'd guess without seeing it.
You were correct sir. It was the seat latch. They lubed it up and no more squeak. They want me to go out and ride it before I bring it back home to make sure the squeak is gone.

The valves, they found the intake side too tight so they brought it in spec and left the exhaust alone as it it was in spec.

Recall is done and I should be bringing her home on Thursday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts