Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help..only got 300+ miles and my rear tires got slashed...just wonder what's best out there or something better than stock??
Size and brand??dont know if bigger size tires would be ok or too heavy?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it should..but dont know if it will be too heavy and loose power or top speed..thats why I want to know if anyone here have changed their tires..if there's any difference..

·
Registered
41 Posts
My stock tires like to slip. I like to push the limits of traction and the stock tires scare me lol. I was looking at the Michelins

·
Registered
440 Posts
I think someone said that when they couldn't increase tire size with a certain fender eliminator because the plate would be in the way or something along those lines

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm running power pures with at 130/70 rear and 110/90 front. They're amazing. Super sticky. Just my .02.

·
Registered
315 Posts
We use the Dunlop TT93s sizes 120/80/12(Rear) and 100/90/12(Front). We have ran them on the track as well as 400 street miles and absolutely love them! Any tire that size would fit just fine.
Did you guys have to regear the bike after the tires?

I'm running the same tires and I can barely redline 3rd and when shift into 4th, it doesn't gain anything.

Just ordered a -1 sprocket so hopefully that helps.

·
Registered
106 Posts
it should..but dont know if it will be too heavy and loose power or top speed..thats why I want to know if anyone here have changed their tires..if there's any difference..
I recently changed my tires to Michelin power pure and did 120/70 in the front and 130/70 in the back. I wouldn't say they are heavy because I did not lose any power and my top speed remains the same. I did not feel any struggle from the bike and it was all stock.

I will say that the bike gotten better in handling and ride was smoother. The michelin tires gave a big improvement on stability in high speeds and making turns.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The Pirellis look like they would be good for dirt roads and rain, but my biggest traction problem is mud and rocks, which the Pirellis don't look as suited for.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts