Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

What Did You Leave For The Z125?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What bike(s) did you ride before you bought your Z125?

Are you still riding it from time to time, did you sell it, store it?

·
Registered
90 Posts
My other bike - my 2008 Honda CBR600RR Hannspree - basically came off the road altogether when I bought the Z125. Deregistered it and removed insurance and stored her inside where I can make it a bit of a project bike.

·
Registered
44 Posts
2015 Yamaha FZ-07, awesome little bike. I thought I was done street riding and and I sold it.... then the Z125 came along. I was on the Grom forum 3 months before they where released.....came very close to buying one but something about that bike just didn't make me warm and fuzzy. Really jazzed about the little Kawi.

·
Registered
28 Posts
CB125 before Z125

I most recently was riding a CB125 before I got my Z125. In the past I have rode a KE100, a Buell Blast and a Suzuki GZ250. The Z125 is currently the only street bike I have.

·
Registered
466 Posts
This will be my first bike and my propensity towards Kawasaki is largely influenced by my brother's Ninja. I just fell in love with the green.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump

Tick the boxes so the Poll results can be viewed.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The Z was an addition. Where I live, and the types of riding I do, it can't be an only bike. I have my 2013 Versys for long road trips, and longer day trips where I'm group riding and will have to go on major highways. I have a 2007 gsxr that is track-only.

I got the Z to play around with on the backroads. It just looked like it would be a lot of fun and it is! Maybe I'll look into the mini racing on the kart tracks...we'll see.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's the way it is for me in the city. The Z will be my commuter bike and down the road pick up something bigger in CC for real fun. Maybe a CBR600?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I still daily my 06 636, the gromasaki (nickname I picked) is going to be for playing around and so I can teach my girlfriend and my friends girlfriends how to ride. I just needed something they could all touch on and I want to do gromasaki wheelies! I mean who doesnt?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Riding dirrbikes regularly from 4 years old.

From 14 years old I've ridden;

Honda 200 Enduro (converted)
Ninja 250
Suzuki GS500
Suzuki SV650
Honda 919 Hornet
Harley Davidson 1200 sportser
Kawasaki 636
Suzuki Hayabusa
Harley Davidson Dyna wide glide

And now I'm here on my little 125z. Haha

·
Registered
124 Posts
i have a Honda XR125L and a Kawasaki KLX150 both dual sport carb bikes and i very seldom ride in my bikes. I prefer riding in my two jeep Jks. I just love watching them. I got tired having to call a mechanic once every two months to clean the carbs everytime I feel like riding my bikes so I disposed both at a rock bottom bargain price. :)

Then I bought myself a Yamaha Fino scooter and the Kawasaki Z125. Since both are fuel injected, I never experienced hard starting problems which i frequently experienced with my previous bikes. I am thinking of buying an Yamaha XT250 dual sports bike before December of this year. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ahhh shoot... clicked the wrong option.

I kept my bikes and added the Z125.

Currently have
2011 ZX-10R
2016 ZX-10R
2017 Z125 Pro

I've owned these in the past, in no particular order
1995 ZX-6R
2005 ZX-6R
2001 SV650 (track only race bike)
2002 ZX-9R
2008 ZX-10R

·
Registered
10 Posts
Other bike.

Still got an 04 Kawi 636.
My gf has a 2015 636 both stunt bikes..
We left them in the garage on their own and then her 636 got pregnant and had a little Kawi baby.. they named it z. Lol
And we also have 2 kx250fs..
We love Kawis so I bought this z today and going to make it a fun stunter to mess around on when we are at the lot. .
1st thing I did to it before I even rode it was put a handbrake on it.
Rolled a couple of decent endos on it down the street but that's about it.. gonna ride tomorrow for sure

1 - 14 of 14 Posts