Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently riding on the stock sprocket I believe 14tooth. I'm 6'4 300lbs more incentive to drop weight lol anyways. I'm trying to get a little more pull on my z but don't really want to sacrifice my rope speed I max out at about 53mph. Or should I go 15 and maybe get a little more top end out of her also will this effect my wheelies

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you are only getting 53mph, you might want to go up 2 teeth in the back(to 32). You'll gain a little grunt, but lose about 4 mph of gearing that you aren't getting to right now anyway.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if I jump up two teeth I'll get some more grunt but lose about 4mph what if I jump one tooth and help split the difference

·
Registered
24 Posts
So if I jump up two teeth I'll get some more grunt but lose about 4mph what if I jump one tooth and help split the difference
If you add two teeth in the back, you'll have a bit more acceleration and in your case, you won't loose any top speed at all since you can only reach 53mph with the stock sprocket ( your top speed should still be 53mph or even a bit higher ).

Let us know the result!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would prefer the ability for a few extra MPH on the top end. More throttle fixes accelerating from a dead stop. And losing weight is free.... intact, it saves you money!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts