Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a brand new 2018 Z125 Pro from a local dealer here in South Carolina. I asked for am out the door price, and was given a quote from one guy of $3374, and another guy of $3134. Don't know why I would get two different quotes at the same dealer, but whatever. After looking at KBB and NADA, I'm thinking about walking in with a cash offer of $2500. Am I lowballing too much? If I drive off the lot, its worth only $1600-1800 to the insurance company, and knowing my luck, someone would hit me.
In October of 2018 I bought a 2017 z125 pro out the door price of $2900. Since the one you a trying to buy is already 2 years old I would say about $2800 - $2900 should get you the bike. I've had mine almost 2 years and I've loved every mile that I have put on it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Right? I've had Bernadette for a couple months and about 1000 miles. There has never been an occasion where I've regretted throwing my leg over.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a used 2017 with 2200 miles on it in 2019 for $2,000. Bike was all stock and mint. I've loved every mile I put on it!

·
Registered
16 Posts
How about manufacturer to dealer incentives? Something that no one ever talks about in these threads. They change over time, monthly and regionally around the country. I was at my bike shop last summer. The Kawi demo Truck was there. They were giving a special incentive at the event. The factory does these things to help the dealer move product. Generally, the full details of these programs are known only to the manufacturer and dealer. This includes non publicly disclosed information, As buyers, we get the ”rebate” or “bonus cash”. The background parts of these programs are what helps the bike store stay in business. The salesman / store is not there to subsidize anyones bike purchase.

Getting a good deal. Playing the game. There is some perseverance and negotiating skill to it. There’s also some luck involved. A buyer cannot know that he is the guy buying the 30th new Kawi KZ XYZ that month. A unit which qualifies the dealer for a cash award from the manufacturer. Some, or none, of which will be shared in his deal. .

As for the ‘18 Z, I have one and I love it. Bit, I think I’d go 2020 because I like that flat grey color they came out with.

I am not the manufacturer or the dealer but I did play one on TV

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I ended up buying a 2020 Honda Grom, for not much more than they wanted on the '18 Z125. The dealers loss, he could have had cash for a reasonable price. I gave them a couple of opportunities to make counter offers. For $300 more, I paid cash, and walked away with a brand spanking new 2020 Grom. I don't regret the purchase. I think both bikes are equally good, neither one is any better than the other. Best to everyone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I live in bflo,ny,8.2%sales tx.just got a new 2019 orange.3506.00otd,listed,3199 less200 mtg rebate,tx,225.00 f8t
I know there out there,but,not many close.my dealer is 10miles away,very,happy,get it fri,4 the 4th!

·
Registered
894 Posts
I ended up buying a 2020 Honda Grom,
Congrats, glad you got yourself a minibike, even if it's the "wrong" one. Did you go with ABS? I see that as the Grom's largest advantage.

I've also read that the Monkey is noticeably faster than the Z so I wonder if modern Groms are a bit quicker than when I last rode one.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Shopped around the midwest for about 8 weeks comparing Grom & Z prices. Went with a new white 2020 Z an hr away from me for $3,100 flat with all fees/temp tag/etc included. Price before all was just under 26

21 - 29 of 29 Posts