Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a brand new 2018 Z125 Pro from a local dealer here in South Carolina. I asked for am out the door price, and was given a quote from one guy of $3374, and another guy of $3134. Don't know why I would get two different quotes at the same dealer, but whatever. After looking at KBB and NADA, I'm thinking about walking in with a cash offer of $2500. Am I lowballing too much? If I drive off the lot, its worth only $1600-1800 to the insurance company, and knowing my luck, someone would hit me.

·
Registered
75 Posts
In August of 2019 I purchased a brand new 2019 Z125 Pro for $3,800 + $210 registration fee; $4,010 OTD.
We see evidence that pricing matters greatly from region to region, timing of the purchase, and how good of a negotiator you are.

I think $3,000 cash should get the job done.

·
Registered
206 Posts
We have noticed prices vary by region and I think we've seen them in the 2500 range brand new so if your willing to drive further to pick up that might be an option.

I paid 3480 CAD which is about 2600 USD for mine back in 2018 on a 2017 model.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I went in today. Made a cash offer of US$ 2600, they counter offered with $3234. I offered $2700, and they refused to budge, so I walked away. If I pay $3234, and drive away, get hit by a car, the thing is only worth $1700. I'd be taking a hit over $1000 riding off the lot. It is a 2-year old motorcycle, although still brand new, I don't think taking a hit over a $1000 dollars on depreciation the moment I buy it. I'd rather spend the extra money on a 2020 model. I can't understand some dealers, you have to move inventory to make money. I'm sure it'll still be sitting there for another 6-months, its already been there for two years. I'll pop in again in a couple of months and make the same offer. I don't need the Z125 Pro, I want one, so I can wait on a better deal. I already have a 2014 Honda NC700X, and 2003 BMW R1200CLC. I may end up buying something else, who knows. I'm not rich, just retired, and working again full time. No kids, no wife, no child support, no alimony, just me, a girlfriend, and my dog. I can afford to buy what I want, at a price I'm comfortable with.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a brand new 2018 Z125 Pro from a local dealer here in South Carolina. I asked for am out the door price, and was given a quote from one guy of $3374, and another guy of $3134. Don't know why I would get two different quotes at the same dealer, but whatever. After looking at KBB and NADA, I'm thinking about walking in with a cash offer of $2500. Am I lowballing too much? If I drive off the lot, its worth only $1600-1800 to the insurance company, and knowing my luck, someone would hit me.
An '18, new very old stock should be heavily discounted. You're getting ripped off if you pay anything that starts with 3. $2600 OTD, No more.

Don't be afraid to drive a ways to get a better deal. I went 120 miles to save $800.

·
Registered
28 Posts
is this your first bike?

perhaps this was in my own head, but being on a larger displacement bike made me understand the value of dollars going into the z125. i am very very happy i only spent what i did to acquire mine. first thing i thought when i took off on the z125 was how gutless it is and how i wouldve been very upset with myself if i spent more than invested.

the point of this thought is that you should attempt to be patient and keep looking. really avoid paying retail since theres a large capacity to outgrow the fun factor of the z125 if you dont plan on making some project of it. just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
is this your first bike?

perhaps this was in my own head, but being on a larger displacement bike made me understand the value of dollars going into the z125. i am very very happy i only spent what i did to acquire mine. first thing i thought when i took off on the z125 was how gutless it is and how i wouldve been very upset with myself if i spent more than invested.

the point of this thought is that you should attempt to be patient and keep looking. really avoid paying retail since theres a large capacity to outgrow the fun factor of the z125 if you dont plan on making some project of it. just my 2 cents.
Nope, not my first motorcycle, not even close. I've had my motorcycle license since 1979, I'm old. LOL.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Maybe I've got a skewed perspective, but I don't ever see this thing losing its fun factor.

It's no racer, but that's not what anyone should be buying a 9hp bike for.

Maybe I'd be more afraid of the boredom factor if I didn't also have my Blackbird, but this thing is always fun.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Don't tell the loyal racers here that! On the contrary, a gutless bike exposes all of your mistakes while hiding none. I think it fits in just fine on a racetrack.
I agree with that, moving to a smaller race bike (SV 650 to this) has exposed how terrible I am and having to retrain myself to get some horrible habits out!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well, I went in today. Made a cash offer of US$ 2600, they counter offered with $3234. I offered $2700, and they refused to budge, so I walked away...
Motorcycle sales people always play a very difficult game. Usually I don't pay attention to leftover models; to me it's left over because the dealer has not been able to make a deal and I don't want to waste my time being the next person to try.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts