Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Z 125 Pro
18 Posts
So, I try to ATGATT as much as possible save for pants. I don’t have them yet. I wear doc martens when I ride and bare with me, I’ve only ridden the Z once since it was delivered yesterday and I had to go into the office today.

But, it was tough for me to find the gear selector and feel the rear brake when wearing the boots. Does anyone else have this issue? Any tips?

·
Registered
38 Posts
So, I try to ATGATT as much as possible save for pants. I don’t have them yet. I wear doc martens when I ride and bare with me, I’ve only ridden the Z once since it was delivered yesterday and I had to go into the office today.

But, it was tough for me to find the gear selector and feel the rear brake when wearing the boots. Does anyone else have this issue? Any tips?
You can try adjusting your foot controls to accommodate the thick tips of your boots but my suggestion is you buy a pair of dedicated motorcycle boots with the lower profile toes.

·
Registered
2021 Z 125 Pro
18 Posts
You can try adjusting your foot controls to accommodate the thick tips of your boots but my suggestion is you buy a pair of dedicated motorcycle boots with the lower profile toes.
Yeah, I wish I could afford that right now but I just bought the bike and a new lid. I have a dressier pair of boots I’m going to try.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Shifters will eat through boots unless you get a rubber cover (get a few from ebay for cheap just wait a few months for delivery - Motorcycle Universal Rubber Shifter Lever Sock Boots Shoes Protector Accessories | eBay).

Theres a reason why MC boots have that extra padding where you use your foot to shift to protect the boot. I don't recommend a dressier shoe it will just get destroyed.

I would ship you my old boots if we are the same size but I think canadian shipping would cost me a bit and not sure if the cost is worth it since they are a bit worn out, so not sure how much life you would get out of them BUT defintely better protection than doc martens.

·
Registered
2021 Z 125 Pro
18 Posts
Shifters will eat through boots unless you get a rubber cover (get a few from ebay for cheap just wait a few months for delivery - Motorcycle Universal Rubber Shifter Lever Sock Boots Shoes Protector Accessories | eBay).

Theres a reason why MC boots have that extra padding where you use your foot to shift to protect the boot. I don't recommend a dressier shoe it will just get destroyed.

I would ship you my old boots if we are the same size but I think canadian shipping would cost me a bit and not sure if the cost is worth it since they are a bit worn out, so not sure how much life you would get out of them BUT defintely better protection than doc martens.
I appreciate the thought. Just ordered one of those. Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts

Adjust the shifter, micro adjustment on the shift linkage, loosen both nuts, turn the rod and tighten both nuts, one is reverse thread. If you need more adjustment move the linkage knuckle on the spline coming for the transmission and move it a spine, just one will move the shifter a fair amount. With sturdy boots you'll have to get a feel for the rear brake.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts