Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Given the heat wave out here in the West...riding jacket is just-too hot. Especially with that welling up of engine heat at lights.

I should know better; but I've just been wearing a helmet. I justify it....in that, when I'm on my Big Bike, a Honda GL500...I wear big-bike clothes. Getting that 500-pound monster wrestling me on the ground, is going to hurt...happen at speed, too. But with this little minibike, under 40...there's times when Spandex bicycle riders keep up with me (traffic here). This Z weighs scarcely more than their machines...

Yeah, that's stupid. I agree. Still, the last month, I've been taking that chance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
At the mimimum, Helmet, jacket, gloves, and boots. I have full leathers for twisties or track days, and an Astars armor vest & mx jersey for those hot days riding in town. My Grandfather used to always ask me "Would you rather sweat or bleed?"

·
Registered
16 Posts
I always wear the set of gear. Whether I'm going on a twisty back road or a few miles for some food. Riding boots, jeans, riding jacket, gloves, full helmet. I've been riding for almost 20 years and I've never had an accident. I don't ever want it say, "if only I'd been wearing my gear"

·
Registered
27 Posts
This little bike just looks faster when you wear full gear so I go with the joe racer look just to look cool and when I fall over it's a plus. No shorts and flip flops for me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Always a full face helmet and gloves no matter what. I always try to wear a mesh armor lined jacket with long pants and sturdy shoes whenever possible but this is Florida so sometimes I take the risk. Just remember that road rash hurts just as bad on a little motorcycle!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Also, I used to think wearing gloves looked dumb with no jacket but what's the first thing you put out to stop yourself when you fall??? Your hands!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a cb500f and wore full hi viz stuff on that bike ... And will be continuing with the same hi viz full gear on this bike. I for all the gear all the time on any bike. What good is 200 bucks in your pocket when your skin is smeared on the road? The gear has come a long way and is pretty comfortable these days .. so why not wear it!

·
Vendor
718 Posts
Nobody thinks they’ll crash, but they do. At the moment they’re flying over the bars, none of them ever thought “I have too much good gear on” or “I don’t look cool with safety gear”. Fact.

·
Registered
39 Posts
modular full helmet ( a must as i live in bug central, and have to clean the helmet after every ride), textiles jacket and pants, leather gloves, backpack for random sh*t, and at the moment my beat up work boots until i find a pair of riding boots i like.

although there has been a few times that i rode using khaki pants with everything else

·
Registered
326 Posts
For me, simple.
ATGATT

Reactions: bnolsen

·
Registered
326 Posts
Icon jeans
Icon Merc jacket
Icon Variant helmet
Alpinestars Joey riding shoes
Too many pairs of gloves to pick just one lol
I wear a Variant too, the Construct... Fan of The Matrix. :smile2:

·
Registered
104 Posts
ATGATT, I've written off 4 bikes now, road rash sucks

Last 3 resulted in one small scratch on a knee in terms of broken skin

Broken bones and bruising but no skin loss, one of the bruises below

If it's too hot for your gear, buy perforated gear, still too hot, grow some balls and harden up

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have always been told dress for the slide not the ride, even so helmet and gloves at a minimum with long jeans and boots. Also if I am messing around trying stunts I have elbow and knee pads and chest/back armor.

Reactions: Fox Fader

·
Registered
326 Posts
ATGATT,

If it's too hot for your gear, buy perforated gear, still too hot, grow some balls and harden up
Grow some balls and SWEAT!

·
Registered
38 Posts
ATTGATT for me:

Fly Racing Revolt Helmet

First manufacturing Turbine Perforated Leather Jacket

Cortech Roughneck Gloves

Draggin Jeans Kevlar-Lined Pants

Stylmartin Rockets

I like this set because it looks good whether I'm cruising on my Vulcan S 650 or being a doofus on my Z125 :cool:

21 - 40 of 49 Posts