Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to see if anyone has any input on this topic, from a glance, the motors look very similar, there's a few parts already off of Klx 110s you can use on them, like the engine dress up kits. But internally, I am curious to know how similar they are, my guess, they are pretty much the exact same motor, just the z125 is 125cc and fuel injected, they already share the same stroke. If they are similar, thats some good news. Ive talked to some people, and they said it looks like they are the same motor so far other than obvious changes.

P.S. Picking up my z125 tomorrow from the dealer, the last one in Arizona till earliest august.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Would like to see if anyone has any input on this topic, from a glance, the motors look very similar, there's a few parts already off of Klx 110s you can use on them, like the engine dress up kits. But internally, I am curious to know how similar they are, my guess, they are pretty much the exact same motor, just the z125 is 125cc and fuel injected, they already share the same stroke. If they are similar, thats some good news. Ive talked to some people, and they said it looks like they are the same motor so far other than obvious changes.

P.S. Picking up my z125 tomorrow from the dealer, the last one in Arizona till earliest august.
It's a new engine just for the Z125

"The Z125 Pro gets its own purpose-built 125cc air-cooled Single. Kawasaki was quick to point out (it) isn’t shared with the KLX off-road family members." Quote from SuperStreetBike.com

·
Registered
290 Posts
The z125 pro and the kawasaki Fury 125RR have the same engine but I
don't think the Kawasaki Fury 125RR is available in the US.

Kawasaki Motors Philippines | Commuter Bikes
No, it's not available here. There currently aren't any full-sized 125cc street bikes for sale here. The Kymco K-pipe will be for sale here soon, though.

If you look closely at the two engines you can see that the cylinder head is quite different on the Fury. I'm not so sure they're the same engine.

Z125
e1.jpg

Fury
e2.png

·
Registered
124 Posts
Fang Shui,

What I said is not verified information, but when I asked Kawasaki main office display if what kawasaki motorcycle has the same engine as the Z125, the mechanic said Fury 125RR. I exactly remembered that he said that, I'm not sure though if he was lying. :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Fang Shui,

What I said is not verified information, but when I asked Kawasaki main office display if what kawasaki motorcycle has the same engine as the Z125, the mechanic said Fury 125RR. I exactly remembered that he said that, I'm not sure though if he was lying. :)
Could be the engine Is Mostly the same.

You can see the oil line coming out of the Fury cylinder head where on the Z125 head it's the location of the spark plug. The Fury has bodywork in the way of seeing more of the engine for comparison purposes.

The two engines have the same: Displacement, Bore & Stroke, Compression and HP/Torque, but the Fury has a Keihin Carburetor (vs Fuel injection. This could be why the head is different) and a kick starter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to bring back a dead post, but it's also interesting to point out that the KLX110's engine wasn't purpose built for the KLX110. When Kawasaki and Suzuki put out the KLX110 / DRZ110 they actually actually used an engine from (I believe) a south-east Asian street bike. That's why it's always had the extra 4th gear inside the case, but it was inaccessible without an aftermarket 4-speed shift drum. That was how they were able to introduce the KLX110 L with the 4th speed and manual clutch so easily. I am really curious to see how the internals of the 110 and 125 engines compare.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts