Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

161 - 180 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Zoom Brute finally installed. Didn't come with a 2nd baffle so I only installed the 1 for now... It's loud... Louder than I remember the Zoom loop being... I will hit up Tommy Davis and see if he can get me that mysterious 2nd baffle and turn the volume down a little.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Now that it's starting to warm up again I've slowly been getting more parts for the Z that I've longed for. The first few are in: OTB Clear Cam Cover and Quadlock phone mount so I can stop pulling over to figure out where I need to go, Domio Moto so I can listen to some music+directions while I ride (hopefully) and the new Sedeci Strada II helmet from Revzilla (sadly my head is just too **** big or odd-shaped for this helmet so it's going back, I'm saddened because I really love the look).

Attachments

·
Registered
881 Posts
Domio, that's the one that vibes your shell to transmit sound right? I'll be very interested to hear what you think of it.

Those clear cam covers are so much fun. Saw them on IG years ago and told myself I'd get one if I ever had a minibike... Now that I do I still can't justify it but I do love the idea.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Domio, that's the one that vibes your shell to transmit sound right? I'll be very interested to hear what you think of it.

Those clear cam covers are so much fun. Saw them on IG years ago and told myself I'd get one if I ever had a minibike... Now that I do I still can't justify it but I do love the idea.

Yeah. So far my impressions aren't very positive. It sounds great when you're not riding the Z lol but that's not the point. Originally mounted to the top, it just isn't loud enough once you hit 40mph and that's with stock exhaust. I did relocate it to the back and adjust some EQ settings in Spotify and it's definitely a lot louder now though I'm not sure how that translates while out riding as I'm stuck waiting for a nicer day to test it.

Got a few more things done today, one I've been wanting to do for a long while now and that's get a Kawasaki decal placed on the arm instead of the tire pressure sticker. Someone had a completely decked out white Z and he painted the inner front covers a metallic green and it looks amazing so I wanted something that would pop with the red. Had these done up in celestial blue. Not sure how well they come across in photos but it looks great in person. Not going to be everyone's thing but I think it turned out nice and ultimately am happy with it.

Getting there....

Attachments

·
Registered
881 Posts
Had these done up in celestial blue. Not going to be everyone's thing but I think it turned out nice and ultimately am happy with it.
I dig the blue accents. It is super bold but that's what you are going for so it's perfect.

I think you need some blue on the rear as well. How would the blue 2018 SE panels match your Celestial blue up front? Could be fun.

I like the idea of painting those same panels on my bike Gold to match the forks but they are so close it would have to be a perfect match.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I think you need some blue on the rear as well. How would the blue 2018 SE panels match your Celestial blue up front? Could be fun.

I like the idea of painting those same panels on my bike Gold to match the forks but they are so close it would have to be a perfect match.
Would need them custom painted to match the fronts but not sure, I feel like the balance of it overall is on point currently or quite loud enough heh. The rear was an idea for the underside but then I thought about just how dirty it would probably get while riding since I've got the fender eliminator.

You should do it, metallic gold that matches the forks. Maaco gets a bad rap for paint but my local shop has been solid for me. Key is making sure you get the best of their paint offerings with clear coat. It was $116 total for the pair painted and that's with new plastics. I've spent far more for less and for the metallic, it's great.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Yeah. So far my impressions aren't very positive. It sounds great when you're not riding the Z lol but that's not the point. Originally mounted to the top, it just isn't loud enough once you hit 40mph and that's with stock exhaust. I did relocate it to the back and adjust some EQ settings in Spotify and it's definitely a lot louder now though I'm not sure how that translates while out riding as I'm stuck waiting for a nicer day to test it.

Got a few more things done today, one I've been wanting to do for a long while now and that's get a Kawasaki decal placed on the arm instead of the tire pressure sticker. Someone had a completely decked out white Z and he painted the inner front covers a metallic green and it looks amazing so I wanted something that would pop with the red. Had these done up in celestial blue. Not sure how well they come across in photos but it looks great in person. Not going to be everyone's thing but I think it turned out nice and ultimately am happy with it.

Getting there....

Now you need to paint the wheels to match that blue.

Also, no relay with the new horn?

·
Registered
881 Posts
Naw. I was wondering if the OEM blue from the 2018 SE would be a close enough match. I've thought about ordering them for my green bike, but that would probably just look stupid.

I mean... I think MindThreat mentioned painting the tail underside, but didn't want to clean their bike daily.

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Now you need to paint the wheels to match that blue.

Also, no relay with the new horn?
I've considered doing them in the metallic flake gold but not sure about that either as of now.

As far as the relay, it's the smaller version so I don't think it needs one? At least not to function, I know the larger horn draws like 20amps and required one but as far as I know this one is straight plug and play. I could be wrong though since I didn't even know about the relays on the bigger ones until the other day after I installed mine.

·
Registered
270 Posts
So I ordered a Bride flat seat about a week ago as I've wanted one forever now but I'm picky with the expectation that the seat would look like the eBay picture but it's not. I was expecting the carbon looking sidewalls and all black/gray BRIDE logos down the center with no tan or beige logos. The fitment isn't completely flush with the front either so that's got my mental OCD alarms firing off nonstop in disgust. Maybe riding it will push it down some and it'll be ok but I'm not sure. I left a message with the seller but what can or should I even really do or expect as a result. :rolleyes:

From a distance it's hard to tell there's a difference but still...

Attachments

·
Registered
881 Posts
Dibs on that seat if they send you a replacement. Let us know how you like it as a seat once you get a few miles on it. I'd love to compare one back to back with the Corbin design it's ripping off.

As far as BRIDE coloring Tan/Beige is kinda their default, guess I could have warned you about that. If you look at authentic BRIDE buckets they have the same coloring. Once in a while you will see other colors of gradient though, that would be cool for the Minibike crowd.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Cheap eBay ($35) Angel Halo whatever / Demon Eye light came in the mail tonight and I actually managed to not only get it installed and tested but completely re-assembled in one evening. It wasn't a perfect fit but I managed to make it work and in the end I'm completely happy with it. Went a lot smoother than I was expecting thankfully, just have to do it up with permanent wiring tomorrow (or whenever I can) and it'll be a done deal, really turned out nice.

The halo is white and the demon eye is red, the housing came in blue which was completely coincidental but I'm glad because it works out well and loving the reflection it gives off. Baking the headlights to separate them and re-install was intimidating but it wasn't nearly as bad as I had expected. I didn't break any tabs, nothing melted and it's all back to normal only upgraded so that's a huge plus!

Attachments

·
Registered
881 Posts
Sounds like you are already sealed it back up but you could paint the reflector any color you want now that you are relying on a projector for your beam pattern right? Opens the door for some cool customization.

The LEDs I stuffed in our bikes have purple housings and I like the little bit of color they reflect, you get a lot more since the color is closer to the focal point. Super unique looking and ties into your blue accents well. Be careful with a forward facing red light. Don't need to give the police an easy reason to pull you over.

I've always been worried about splitting headlights, particularly with a gas oven. Congrats on conquering your fears, great result!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sounds like you are already sealed it back up but you could paint the reflector any color you want now that you are relying on a projector for your beam pattern right? Opens the door for some cool customization.

The LEDs I stuffed in our bikes have purple housings and I like the little bit of color they reflect, you get a lot more since the color is closer to the focal point. Super unique looking and ties into your blue accents well. Be careful with a forward facing red light. Don't need to give the police an easy reason to pull you over.

I've always been worried about splitting headlights, particularly with a gas oven. Congrats on conquering your fears, great result!
Yeah, already sealed up as like you said, I liked the color it reflected. Actually glad it's not something I wanted to do as it would have prolonged the install.

Thankfully I can switch the red demon light on or off as needed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzYtKqUH6ag

·
Registered
22 Posts
Cheap eBay ($35) Angel Halo whatever / Demon Eye light came in the mail tonight and I actually managed to not only get it installed and tested but completely re-assembled in one evening. It wasn't a perfect fit but I managed to make it work and in the end I'm completely happy with it. Went a lot smoother than I was expecting thankfully, just have to do it up with permanent wiring tomorrow (or whenever I can) and it'll be a done deal, really turned out nice.

The halo is white and the demon eye is red, the housing came in blue which was completely coincidental but I'm glad because it works out well and loving the reflection it gives off. Baking the headlights to separate them and re-install was intimidating but it wasn't nearly as bad as I had expected. I didn't break any tabs, nothing melted and it's all back to normal only upgraded so that's a huge plus!
Hows the headlight beam? Does it have a nice clean cut-off? Mind sharing a picture?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hows the headlight beam? Does it have a nice clean cut-off? Mind sharing a picture?

Haven't used it at night yet but it's bright, I'm expecting it to be fine. Hopefully next week will give me a chance but this is what it looks like with the halo on and then with the angel light on:

Attachments

161 - 180 of 204 Posts